Chapter 11: APOLOGIZE PT.2

Location Classified

Central Virginia

April 16

1900 hours

Ben POV:

I had decide that I was going to reveal myself to the rest of the team at dinner. I had taken a really long shower, doing less cleaning and more thinking. Would they be mad once I reveal myself? Would they be happy? Regretful? Guilty? I decided to push those thoughts out of my mind. I had asked those same exact questions to myself before revealing myself to Erica, and she had taken it pretty well. I had just decided that I was nervous.

I had tried to take a nap, but my mind was running a marathon, so I decided to watch the news and try to wait until I slept. On the news, It was talking about a prison in West Virginia that had a gas leak, killing many people. Classic CIA disinformation. After that, I had really gotten tired, so I decided to sleep until dinner was made. 

I woke up at around 1840 hours, and cleaned up myself up before dinner. I had decided that I was going to sit down and eat with everyone else, and make an announcement right before we started eating. I obviously wanted to look my best, so I made my hair and washed my face. Then Section knocked on my door, asking to come in.

"Hey Section, whats up?"

"Ben, are you gonna reveal yourself today?"

"Actually, yeah! I'm gonna do it today. I already revealed it to one of my friends, and they took it well."

"Who?"

"Erica. Or as you like to call her, blue-eyes."

"Oh, so your girlfriend?"

"She is not my girlfriend."

"Yeah yeah, I was joking around. Well, I'll see you at dinner."

"Bye."

Then I went over the mission, looking for anything I had perhaps missed, before going down to dinner.

"Hey y'all"

"Ghost? I didn't expect you to be here!" Catherine exclaimed.

"Yeah, I guess I made that expectation. Listen, is everyone here?"

"Almost. Apart from Erica. Could you tell her to get here? Catherine asked.

"Yeah, sure. I was about to do that anyways."

Then I walked over to Erica's room. I was wondering what was taking so long. I knocked on her door.

"Erica? Are you in there?"

"Y-yeah"

Was she crying? THE Erica Hale was crying?

"May I come in?"

"S-sure"

I then walked in to her room, to see her crying, but did not see anything next to her or anything.

"WHat are you crying about?"

"You. I feel so bad for not believing you, and look where that got you. Now you have to kill people for a living, and can't really have a regular life anymore."

"Listen, Erica, you not believing me was probably better for me. I wasn't gonna have a normal life anyways, considering I was training to be a spy, but now I am much better at combat, thanks to the SEALs. I could probably beat you, to be honest."

"Ben, why did you leave?"

"I-uh what?" I asked, not expecting to encounter this question so early.

"You heard me. Why did you leave?"

"Ok. I decided that if none of you were gonna believe me, then I would make sure 1/2 of the 'Wonder Twins' would die, so hopefully they would not kill you. I really wanted to keep you safe, and I decided to put the matters into my own hands. Kinda like you, though I didn't even leave a trace or anything. I didn't want anyone to know I was alive."

"So, basically to protect me and our friends?"

"Yeah. So, are you gonna come to dinner?"

"Oh yeah, let me get cleaned up first."

She then went to the bathroom and started cleaning her face off. I started looking around her room. It looked exactly the same as mine, except for one thing in the nightstand. There was a picture of me and Erica kissing on the cruise ship? How did she get that? Who even shot that pic? Then I heard the door close, and Erica standing next to me.

"What were you looking at?"

"Just looking around the room. It looks exactly the same as mine."

I sensed she knew I was lying, but decided not to push it further, and then we headed off for dinner.

As I made it to the dinner table, everyone was already sitting down, waiting for us. I decided that now is better than never, cleared my throat, and started speaking.

"Um. I have something to tell you guys. I'm not who you think I am."

The Mike yelled out "We know nothing about you Ghost. Anything you say to us would be news to me and everyone else, apart from I'm assuming the SEALs."

"Yeah. That. I've been hiding from y'all for the past 2 years."

Then I took of my mask. Taking 2 years' worth of secrets off with it. All of the agents, except Erica, made an audible gasp.

Then, after about a minute of no one talking, Mike finally spoke, "Ben? Is that really you?" 

"Yeah, it really is bro."

He then got up, and ran towards me, intending to punch me in the abs. I just stood and took the punch. 

"OW! What the fuck Ben! You literally have abs of steel bro!", he said, while laughing.

"Yeah I do, and Erica was the first one to unfortunately find out," I said, also laughing.

"So, why did you leave us?" Zoe asked.

"Well, I knew that someone wanted to kill Erica, and I tried convincing you guys, but none or y'all-"

"Yeah yeah, we know that part. No need to keep reminding us," Jawa said.

I glared at him, then continued. "As I was saying, none of y'all believed me, so I decided to kill off one half of the 'Wonder Twins', hoping that whoever wanted Erica dead would not mind if I had 'died', leaving Erica alive. I used C4 and purposefully went to the corner, and detonated it. I didn't kill anyone, right?" I asked, suddenly worrying if faking my own death meant that I killed someone else.

"No, but you gave me some nasty burns. I was trying to find you to say that I believed you, and wanted to plan something, but then the library exploded. Before I blacked out, I remembered that I hadn't seen you in the same corner that had exploded, so that's how I held hope, hoping you were still alive and didn't betray us.", Trixie said.

"Oh. Well, I am really sorry about that. My bad," I said apologetically.

"My my Ben, don't apologize to us, what happened to you? You have scars from all over! What happened?" Catherine had asked me, obviously worried.

"Well, I've been on a lot of missions fighting some crazies. One guy came up to me and started swiping his machete across my face, and he went basically right over my eye. I kinda think it looks cool though, like Anakin Skywalker. Though I guess I don't want to turn into him."

"Well, do you have any other cool stories?", Erica asked.

We spent the next couple of hours eating and telling stories about missions and what had happened, until it was 2300 hours. Then I decided to go to my room to catch some Z's.

**Edited**

1164 Words