Chapter [8]

Gareth's POV:
I quickly pulled Andy into a hug as he cried into my shoulder.

After a few minutes, he pulled away and rubbed his eyes looking at me.

"Wanna talk about it," I asked placing my hands on his shoulders.

He nodded and we sat down in my spot away from everyone.

"I-I don't know what I am. My uncle said I was the reason my parents ran away. That I was a disappointment. He would slap me anytime I did something wrong and my aunt would have to clean the cuts and everything once he beat one spot too hard. Anytime I would beg him to stop he would slap me even harder saying 'Boys don't cry, only little fags do'. He died about 3 years back and it was almost a relief until my aunt got depressed and had to be put into the hospital. I was then stuck with a new 'babysitter' every night because I was 'too bad to handle' and shit like that. It's just as bad with Jason, if we don't read his mind and do something the exact way he fucking wants it he gets all mad and sometimes hits us. I don't wanna end up like my aunt, I want to be happy." he explained messing with his hands throughout.

"Listen, you're not gonna turn out to be anything like those pricks ok? I promise I won't let that happen. And I'll make sure you are happy, it may take some time but you will be happy. Don't let Jason treat you like that ok? If he ever lays another fucking finger on you, tell me. I'll break every knuckle he has then cut his little small dick off, putting it into a soup, and feeding it to him." I told Andy getting a small laugh from him.

"There's that smile," I said hitting his arm softly making sure not to hurt him.

"I'll make sure to tell you," he said in a lower voice "and thank you."

I smiled and patted his back before standing up and reaching my arm out for him to grab.

He looked at it for a second before wrapping his hand around mine. I pulled him up and we walked into school.

"I'll see you for the 5th hour," I said turning to Andy and letting go of his hand.

"See you then," he said back making eye contact.

I smiled and hit his shoulder and walked to my locker.

"You like him don't you" I heard a familiar voice say from beside me.

"No, I don't Eddie, just as a friend," I said grabbing my stuff for maths.

"That's what I said about Steve Harrington for the longest time, yet look where I am," he said leaning on the locker beside me.

"Your dating King Steve 'the hair' Harrington," I asked whipping my head to Eddie.

"Oh no not yet, he's still with that little bitch Nancy Wheeler," he said mumbling her name glancing at her across the hall helping the students take down the posters from the pep rally.

"I thought he was with Hargrove," I said continuing to shuffle through my books.

"Was, they broke up after he...died" he admitted looking away.

"Oh" was all I could say before grabbing my stuff and shutting my locker.

"Yeah, they were cute though," Eddie said as we walked to class "Billy was very protective over him. You looked at Steve wrong or for you long he was threatening to cut your balls off. He was a sweetheart to Steve though, I caught them cuddling at a party once. Still got the picture too." he said with a smile glancing at Steve outside as we walked through the halls.

"You liked him then?" I asked messing with my folder.

"Probably did, but I just didn't know" he stated opening the door to math class.

We went to our table and continued our conversation.

"How do you know you...like someone," I asked knowing Eddie's response.

"You like Andy, I know you do. But you feel all tingly and weird inside when you are with them. You always are thinking about them. Uh...you constantly wanna like hug and touch them." he told me looking at me and smirking.

I looked at him and rolled my eyes though blushed at the thought of Andy.

"How do I tell someone I feel like that around them," I asked Eddie positioning myself to be able to look at him.

"Be honest, maybe even write it down" he told me messing with his rings.

Before I could respond Mrs. Terese burst through the door to start her lesson.