24

Louis's POV:

I giggle a bit at Maverick words as I turn my eyes to him and off of the movie.

"So how has your knee been feeling? Harry mentioned you tore your ACL." Mav says, starting a conversation.

I shrug a bit.

"It's alright. Still hurts loads but I think it's healing well." I say, leaning back onto the couch.

He nods at me understandingly.

"Yeah, I get it. I actually had the same surgery a few years ago. Pretty bad accident on the job." He tells me.

"Really?" I question surprised.

It is oddly comforting to hear that someone else has gone through the same thing I am.

"Yeah bud. But you seem to be doing a hell of a lot better than I was. I didn't get out of bed for weeks." He says laughing a bit.

"No, I had to sit in the hospital for weeks too. And I was the biggest pain in the bum to my brothers and Harry the whole time." I say back.

"No Harry adores taking care of you. You're all he talked about so I'm sure he had no issue just staying with you day and night for weeks." He tells me and I smile a bit at that.

Mav then readjusts himself on the couch, moving a bit closer to me so he can show me the scar on his knee.

"I'm sure your scar is a hell of a lot prettier than mine. I got so pissed about not being able to do anything that I just started kicking shit the day after my surgery. Broke all my stitches on the spot." He says.

"Oh my goodness, I'm sorry," I say as my eyes trail over the nasty scar.

He just shakes his head and laughs.

"You're too nice. You don't need to apologize about me getting injured years ago." He says and I just look down, not so sure how to respond to that.

"I mean I see why Harry is so in love with you. You are a total sweetheart and not to mention absolutely gorgeous." Maverick says while looking me up and down.

I know he is just being friendly but I can't help but feel a bit uncomfortable with his words and gaze.

And I looked far from gorgeous right now. I'm dressed in my sweats and my hair is all messy from my nap.

"Uh thank you Maverick," I say, trying my best to not make this awkward.

"I'm serious Louis. He calls you gorgeous for a reason." He continues and I just slowly nod.

"Mhm, yeah Harry's great," I say, trying to bring the conversation somewhere else.

Mav rolls his eyes a bit jokingly.

"I've known him forever, we went to primary school together. He's my best mate. But he's a bit of an ass, I don't know how you put up with him." He says calming me a bit when I realize he must be joking.

I laugh a bit, even though he doesn't.

"Harry isn't an ass. He treats me perfectly." I say seriously.

My Harry is far from an ass. And I know he's joking but he shouldn't be saying that about his best friend.

"Does he?" Maverick questions making me frown.

"Yes, he does. Why?" I ask, not understanding why he would question that.

"Just feel like you deserve more but I guess I'm biased." He adds on, as he turns back to the TV.

My face scrunches at that. Why is he biased against Harry?

"Sorry, didn't mean to make you uncomfortable kid. Was just speaking my mind." He says after a moment of my silence.