(Chapter 8) A neko confesses

Y/n POV

So break was approaching and to enjoy it we got to get pass through an enemy all students fear, final exams. I didn't have a problem with them but Tsukune on the other hand was struggling a bit.

When he failed to answer answer a problem correctly miss Ririko asked to see him after class. It kind of ticked me off.

Y/n: How was it Tsukune.

Tsukune sighs looking defeated.

Tsukune: Miss Ririko wants me to take tutoring lessons.

...for not being able to answer one problem?

Y/n: Why not we help you instead.

Moka shakes her head crossing her arms and huffs.

Moka: I was going to help Tsukune but again Miss Rikiko said I wasn't capable.

Y/n: I get the feeling something is off.

Both kurumu and mizore were also failing and so we forcefully passed down the responsibility to yukari to teach them. Wish her the best of luck.

Tsukune: Wait since me, kurumu, mizore, and yukari are occupied where does that leave you and moka?

Good question.

Moka: I...I don't know.

Y/n: (Yawn) well both me and moka are at the top of the class so we are fine really.

Mizore: All man this really sucks.

Yukari: Yeah for me! Since I'm the one teaching you both!

Kurumu yukari and mizore get into a fight bickering back and forth before Tsukune put a stop to it. Then the four of them left to go do their own thing

Leaving me and moka.

Moka: So...

Y/n: Hmm?

Moka: You said you liked me the other day...

Oh boy....

Timeskip

Both me and moka were in the woods near a pond sitting while we talked.

Moka: Hey y/n I've got a question.

Y/n: Shoot.

Moka: You lived in the human world with Tsukune right?

I nod my head thinking I knew where this conversation was going.

Y/n: Do you want to know more about me moka?

She nods her head hesitantly and I finish eating my chocolate before I start to tell her my back story.

Y/n: I don't know much about my actual parents since at a young age I had a adoptive mother who one day found me at her door step. My adoptive mother is a woman in her mid thirties and is the type of woman to worry easily but I think that's the best thing I like about her.

Moka: Really?

Y/n: Yeah. She said I was a very clumsy kid and always got hurt. At some point I was a pretty hyperactive kid but I think when I was 5 maybe i became lazy. Again my mother being energetic you can imagine how that made her feel about the sudden change.

Moka: Upset?

Y/n: Just a little..

<Where did your love for sweets come from?>

Inner asks.

Y/n: Sweet tooth. And hi inner.

<Hello.>

Moka: How was your life at a human school?

Y/n: I had no friends.

<This just got sad really fast.>

Y/n: Yeah. I don't think others knew I was in their class if it weren't for the teacher taking attendance.

Moka: Did you ever get lonely y/n?

Y/n: Actually I was bored more then anything.

<Do you know anything about your real parents?>

I don't respond.

<Sorry touchy subject->

Y/n: I think they're dead.

Moka: How so...

Y/n: Call it a disturbing hunch. Either that or I was a bastard child or a mistake.

Moka: Don't say that about yourself!

Y/n: ...Why? For all I know I could be right.

Moka: But you can be wrong too!

Y/n: Yeah I guess.

Moka: Your my friend y/n and I won't let you call yourself such names! Your more then that...

She grabs my hands

Y/n: Moka?

Moka: Please be kind to yourself y/n You're better than that.

Y/n: I'm sorry.

Moka: Huh?

Y/n: I made you upset by talking about myself and made you mad as well, sorry.

Moka: It's alright y/n, I just care about you is all, hehehe.

Y/n: I care about you to moka, just a little more than the others. Don't tell them I said that though.

Moka giggles and nods her head.

Moka: Either way I'm glad.

I get up and moka does to before we start to go back to yokai academy.

Y/n: And i guess I like you, just a little bit more then friends.

Timeskip

After our "moment" the rest of the day was figuring out why Tsukune was acting like some homework zombie when I walked pass a class room hearing Tsukune screaming and in seconds I busted down the door before seeing miss ririko in her monster form a lamia. Dodging her tail I run up delivering a kick but was surprised that her glances didn't fall off or break but I was smacked into a wall before ice got in between me and the crazy teacher and turns out it was mizore. Shocker. I tell her to take Tsukune and they both leave but leaving me with the crazy snake teacher, giddy. Before her tail could wrap around me I saw a blur and knew that the fight was over when Miss ririko's body was on the wall then fell to the floor knocked out.

It was inner moka to the rescue.

She walks over to me and picks me up dusting off some dirt.

Inner moka: I like you just a little as well. Don't you dare tell the others though.

I don't know if I should count that as a confession or not. Now that I think about it didn't I confess? How embarrassing.