Are You?

Marinette's POV - 

Today had been an exhausting day, but I couldn't afford to complain. It was time for my evening classes, which followed a different schedule than my regular school hours. The concept of attending additional classes in the evening was new to me, but I had to adapt quickly. It seemed like my time would be mostly spent at Gotham Academy.

I knocked on Luka's door to wake him up, feeling like I was babysitting a mischievous two-year-old who loved to sleep. After ensuring he was up, I made my way to my bedroom to take a quick shower. I changed into my gym suit, pulling on a comfortable hoodie for extra coverage. I tied my hair back into a ponytail and, of course, made sure to wear my black plain mask. It was an essential accessory for my nighttime activities.

The shoes I chose to wear were one of MDC's original designs, known for being rare and stain-proof

The shoes I chose to wear were one of MDC's original designs, known for being rare and stain-proof. There was something about wearing them that made me feel confident and ready for the evening. I stood by the door, a bike ready, waiting for Luka to join me. He was hopping up and down, fidgeting with his shoes. I handed him his guitar and motioned for him to sit in the backseat.

As I hopped on my bike, the phone call with my guardians and parents began. They insisted on coming to pick me up, but I tried to assure them that Luka and I were capable of riding on our own. "Listen, no one is coming to pick me up. We both have our bikes and licenses. There's no need to worry," I repeated firmly, trying to drown out Luka's incessant yelling in my ear.

Driving swiftly while having the conversation, I could feel the tension rising. Luka's screams of fear and my parents' argument blended together, creating a chaotic symphony that rattled my nerves. At last, the academy came into view, providing a welcome escape from the turmoil. "Goodbye, Moms and Dads. I have class now, and from now on, please settle your differences before involving me," I declared, ending the call and focusing on the evening class ahead.

I parked my bike in the crowded parking lot and grabbed my bag, dragging Luka along with me. He seemed a bit stunned by the exhilarating bike ride. We made our way to the music room, which was more like a grand auditorium with its dazzling lights and luxurious atmosphere. Bruce Wayne, being who he is, spared no expense in creating a top-notch facility.

As I entered the music room, my attention was immediately drawn to the numerous small groups scattered around. It was a bit confusing at first, but a fellow student quickly approached us to explain the details.

He introduced himself as the club leader and proceeded to clarify the purpose of the individual groups. Each group focused on a specific musical instrument, allowing students to learn and practice together. However, he mentioned that there was also a special group reserved for those who excelled in multiple instruments. This elite group performed on the stage, garnering popularity and the opportunity to befriend the "Popular 4" students: Felix, Wayne, Alex, and Jonathan.

The club leader cautioned us against attempting to join the special group, emphasizing the rigorous selection process and the risk of humiliation if we weren't up to par. He shared his unsuccessful attempts over the past four years and expressed his resignation as this was his final year on campus.

Being Bad For Good SakeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara