Am I falling in love?

Damien's POV -

"Jon, I know we're not the closest buddies, and I don't have any right to know everything about you, but as partners who share our deepest secrets, don't you think an explanation is needed?" I whispered to Jon after Marinette left. "Look, I don't know much about her either, just that she's very important and has a deal with my father. Maybe she has start-up ideas for her career that my father is interested in... Maybe." It sounded oddly similar to what my father had mentioned. I decided to give up on trying to befriend her.

To my surprise, Marinette approached me and said, "I could see that you were trying to befriend me earlier, but you never asked me directly. So, I'd like to ask you first, would you be my friend?" I was taken aback by her sudden request, especially since it was in front of Jon. I couldn't find the words to respond. "I'll take that as a yes. Let's meet at the park near the school for our group project. I hope you haven't forgotten about it," she said and left before I could gather my thoughts. I was left dumbfounded.

Shortly after, Alfred arrived to pick me up.

Marinette's POV -

I knew Damien had been trying hard all day, and although I should have accepted his offer earlier, I enjoyed watching the Cold Prince struggle. In the end, I decided to accept his proposal. As I was leaving school, Felix mentioned that he wanted to move into my mansion. And to my surprise, Jonathan and Alex followed suit. "Is my house turning into a hospice now?" I exclaimed.

"Well, you could call it friends living together. It sounds better than a hospice," Alex responded.

"Oh really? But when did I declare both of you my friends? All I did was save your lives. I won't be friends with just anyone I've saved, otherwise, half the world would be my friends," I retorted sarcastically. All I wanted was a quiet and solitary environment, at least in my own home.

"Maybe not everyone, but a select few. You and Felix have been friends for years," Jonathan chimed in.

"It's not as simple as it seems. We've known each other for 10 years, but we only became friends three and a half years ago. Calculate the difference, it took me six and a half years to be her friend," Felix stated, presenting his numerical argument.

I sighed, realizing that this situation was becoming more complicated than I had anticipated

"Alright, but just for two months, and afterward, I'll decide whether you can stay or not," I stated firmly, wanting to set clear boundaries before the situation escalated any further.

"It was too easy to convince you... Which is hard to digest," Jonathan remarked with a hint of disbelief. Deep down, I knew that I allowed them to stay primarily for my surveillance purposes and to lighten my workload. However, I didn't feel the need to explain myself further.

We all headed home together, and to my surprise, none of them had their vehicles, which was quite inconvenient. Throughout the entire ride, I had to endure their bickering over which room each of them would occupy. "Guys, if I hear another word from either of you, I swear you won't have a tongue left to utter another word," I threatened, my tone conveying my seriousness. The room selection argument instantly ceased, and silence filled the car.

 The room selection argument instantly ceased, and silence filled the car