Extended Summary

Five years ago Cecelia Marcellini just so happened to be on a Naval Base for a ceremony honoring her grandfather, the last survivor of his outfit.

This naval base was, coincidentally, where Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw had been stationed for the last 4 months.

And as fate would have it, they just couldn't stop running into each other while she was there. Around base, at the ceremony, at the local bar, you name it. Unfortunately, with her going back to New York for a new show and him staying to complete his deployment, it seemed nothing would come of these encounters.

But a small exchange of phone numbers led to late night texts and calls, facetimes and letters. And one well timed leave allowed Bradley to see Cecelia in her element on stage for the first time.

After surprising her at one of her shows, they decided to make a go of it. Neither had really done long distance before, but after talking for a few months non-stop, they were willing to try. Before they knew it, almost six months had flown by, marking one year since they had officially met.

And there was no slowing down in sight.

Through thick and thin, trials and errors, distance and time, Cecelia and Bradley were written in the stars. Anyone who caught even a glimpse of them knew they were meant to be. So it came as no surprise that after nearly five years of friendship, four of which were spent dating, Bradley proposed and Cecelia said yes.

As the saying goes, however, "all good things must come to an end." Their time in bliss and tranquility, their rare moments of time off together were interrupted as Bradley was requested back to Miramar Naval Base.

Back to Top Gun.

✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈

Dedicated to:

romanovana for encouraging me and listening to my ideas and panics

BatgirlGeek lexyleblanc for telling me to run with it

stilestastic  theilliterateironman for being huge inspirations to me and always responding when I spam your books or message boards.

✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈✈

AAAHHHHH! IT'S HERE!!!!! You guys have no idea how proud I am of this story. This is my first ever story on Wattpad, so please go easy on me. I never thought I would write a fanfiction, but Top Gun: Maverick has had me in a chokehold since the day I saw it.

I will say this now, this is NOT an angsty story. This is purely a fluff story with only the angst of the movie, so please enjoy a wholesome fun story, because I sure had fun creating this. And to all my Broadway and theater people out there, this is for you, because there simply isn't enough of that on this site.

Also it's highly appropriate that my first ever fic is about a Broadway actress considering all of my covers (for the past 3 years, as of 2022) are Broadway images, as well as my titles of anything not part of the "Best Books Of" series. 

Enough of my rambling.
ENJOY!!!!!

Started: June 16, 2022
Published: July 24, 2022
Written by: December 31, 2022
Completed: January 28, 2023

Started: June 16, 2022Published: July 24, 2022Written by: December 31, 2022Completed: January 28, 2023