Pregnancy

Snapshots with Nikki

Discovery
Cecelia had been feeling off the past few weeks. After the craziness that was the Uranium Mission, Rooster had some time off.

The couple was scheduled to head over to Maverick's place later in the week for a few days. After the mission, Mav had finally talked it out with Bradley and they were at a good spot again.

Bradley had noticed her symptoms as well. While she wasn't becoming physically sick, she was nauseous all the time, drinking gallons of water, and eating some bizarre food combos.

When he brought up the symptoms he was noticing, Cecelia immediately checked her calendar.

"I'm late," she said in disbelief. "Bradley, I'm late."

"What?" He responds, sounding breathless. "You.., you're...," he can't even get a proper sentence out.

Grabbing his hand, Cece tries to keep him calm, while also trying not to freak out herself. "We need a test first."

Without wasting another minute, Bradley grabbed his keys and practically ran to the car. Once Cecelia was in the car, they drove to the pharmacy, picking up multiple tests to be sure.

Let me tell you, those 5 minutes for results felt like hours to the potential parents. While a pregnancy hadn't been planned right now, especially with a wedding to plan, it wasn't unwanted. Both Bradley and Cecelia wanted kids, so they would be happy either way.

When the timer went off, they peeked at the tests on the counter.

And without a second thought, Bradley wrapped his arms around Cecelia's waist, spinning her around their small bathroom.

They were going to be parents.

Cravings
Let's just say, all those cliche cravings you hear about pregnant women having? Cecelia managed to have almost all of them.

Bradley can't even count the number of weird combos she was eating.

Pickles and peanut butter was one, which was quite disgusting because Cece didn't even like pickles.

Ice cream with pretty much anything was a must, their freezer always stocked with a few different flavors.

And her chocolate obsession? It just got worse the longer into the pregnancy they got. Bradley was running out at all hours of the night to get her candy.

Delivery
The day Cecelia went into labor was a day to remember.

Cecelia hadn't realized she was in labor. She had been experiencing Braxton-Hicks contractions for a few days, so she thought nothing of it.

It wasn't until a particularly sharp pain hit her that she put it together.

"Bradley," she started. He looked over at her from the kitchen. "I think I'm in labor. For real this time."

He dropped everything he was doing, making sure to turn off the stove, before walking over to the couch. He crouched down to Cece's level. "Are you sure? Like 100%?"

She just gave him a look.

Getting checked into the hospital didn't take too long, but by then, Cecelia had been in labor for quite a few hours.

Shortly after, her parents got to the hospital, followed by her brothers. Calls were made on the way, letting a few people know.

Cecelia was in pain but pushing through when Cat arrived. And she instantly put everyone in a better mood.

"Move aside everyone, Auntie Cat has arrived!" Cat bursts through the door, already carrying a balloon and a very large teddy bear.

Even the nurses in the room began laughing, a new sense of calm entering the room.