The Proposal

Today was the day.

Today, Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw was coming home from a five month deployment. And Cecelia Marcellini was already at the airport, practically bouncing in place.

She didn't have a sign, like some of the other families standing around her. And despite being easily recognizable, especially in New York, Cece didn't have anything on that could hide her face.

She wanted Bradley to see her in all her glory, not hiding out behind sunglasses and a hat indoors.

Cecelia only had to wait about 30 minutes before the plane landed, but it felt like forever. You'd think after 5 months, another half hour wouldn't make a difference, but it does.

But she didn't have to wait anymore. The soldiers were beginning to come out of the gates, families all reuniting at once.

Suddenly, there he was. Bradley Bradshaw stepped out of the gates and immediately found Cecelia. He always looked for her the minute he stepped into a room. And her face was always the first he found.

As soon as he saw her, he made a beeline straight to her. He got to her just as she spotted him.

Without a second to waste, Bradley wrapped his arms around her, lifting her into the air. Cecelia's arms found his neck, holding him as close as she could. They just stayed like that for a few moments before pulling away amd looking at each other for a few more moments.

And then finally, finally, their lips met for the first time in over 5 months.

☽☆☾   ☽☆☾   ☽☆☾

The reunited couple didn't separate for a second, if they could. They only let for to get into the car, but their hands were clasped once they were settled.

A party was set up for Bradley's return back at their shared apartment. Cece's parents had set it up, just a small get together to welcome him home. A few friends from his home town were flown in, as well as the friends he's made in New York.

Most importantly, the Marcellini family was all in attendance. Especially because Bradley had asked Riccardo to hold onto something very important for him. And, through a few well timed phone calls, Bradley had requested he bring it with him to the party.

Today was the day.

Pulling up to the apartment, the two got out of the car. But before she could make it far, Bradley grabbed her arm and pulled her in for another kiss.

"You just can't get enough, can you?" Cece asked after they had to pull away for air. She wasn't complaining, because she was about to do the same thing. He just beat her to it.

"I will never get enough of you," Bradley is quick to reply. He knows exactly what hes doing, and the reaction he expected pops up. No matter how long they have been together, Cecelia still blushes.

Knowing that if they don't show up soon, someone, most likely Kai, will interrupt them, the couple makes their way inside.

"Welcome home, Lieutenant Bradshaw," Cecelia officially tells him as she opens the door.

He is greeted with the sound of mini confetti canons going off, all types of noise makes and balloons of every color. A sign sits about the the hallways, welcoming him home.

But that's all he can register before he gets tackled by everyone giving him hugs. Sofie Marcellini hugs him the longest and tightest, having a mother's worry about his safety while deployed, something he will always be grateful for.

Soon after all the hugs were finished, cake was brought out, because of course they had to have a cake. No party is complete without it.

Bradley, while happy to see all his friends again after being away, barely separated from Cecelia for the entire day. He always had her in his sights if she wasn't directly next to or in front of him. Everyone understood, but that didn't mean teasing wasn't involved.