The Wedding

The wedding of the century was about to happen. Okay, maybe not the century, but it is still a very important one.

Today is the wedding of Cecelia Marcellini and Bradley Bradshaw. Months, years even, of planning had come down to today.

(A bit delayed because of a certain little miss, but she's cute so we'll excuse it.)

Everything was set. The venue was decorated to perfection, the vows written, and the bride and groom were putting on the finishing touches to their looks.

After some discussion, Cece and Bradley decided they would have a military wedding, as Bradley was entitled to one after his many years of service. Anyone, guest or bridal party, that was in any branch of the military would wear their dress uniforms proudly for this occasion.

Due to the wedding being in the winter, the Navy dress uniforms were blue instead of white (the white is more of a summer into fall uniform). So Bradley, along with any other members of the Navy in attendance (aka the entirety of Dagger Squad) would be in their dress blues.

Cece, on the other hand, had free reign with her dress. And boy, did she choose the perfect one. A strapless, sweetheart neckline, with ruching until the waist. A small, beaded belt separated the bodice from the layered skirt. (Can you tell I watch a lot of Say Yes to the Dress?)

Her hair was pulled back into an elegant half-updo, held back by a beautiful pearl clip, handed down from her grandmother. Her makeup was simple, knowing she would more than likely end up crying at some point, she didn't want to waste mascara.

Her bridesmaids had gotten their finishing touches a while ago, Cat running a tight ship to make sure her best friend's day went smoothly. She really was the best maid of honor one could ask for.

Not to mention Natasha was pretty easy, since she was in her dress blues, her hair in a regulation bun, metals on her chest. She had been honored when Cecelia asked her to be a bridesmaid. (She wasn't just a friend of Bradley's, she was family. That made her Cecelia's family too.)

With the groom and his party, the men were done way sooner than the women. To be fair, they didn't have hair to get done or makeup to do. And the majority of them were in uniform anyways, so there wasn't much they could do.

Bradley's best man was trying to keep him calm. But really, how does one stay calm when you are about to marry the love of your life? Besides, Hangman had always been better at riling him up.

Initially, Bradley had wanted Maverick as his best man, but when he had approached the man about it, Maverick had a different idea. To him, it would be like Bradley having his father as his best man. Maverick was already a grandpa to Nikki, so it didn't make sense for him to be the best man in his mind.

And after the mission, with Hangman saving Mav and Rooster's lives, the two men had finally begun to settle their differences. They realized that they worked better as a team than they ever did separately. Especially now that Hangman had finally stopped leaving his wingman out to dry.

Phoenix still gets a laugh when she remembers how that conversation went. Secretly she was happy, always worried that her attraction and eventual relationship with Hangman would put a strain on her friendship with Rooster.

Soon enough, guests began arriving at the venue. Seats were filling up, people ranging from civilian friends, to military coworkers, to Broadway stars. There were a number of celebrities at this wedding, but today was not about them.

It was finally time for Bradley and Cecelia to tie the knot.

☽☆☾   ☽☆☾   ☽☆☾