six

⚠️
this chapter contains heavy descriptions of blood, death, torture, and violence. please read at your own discretion.
———

THE FATHER'S RISE

Percy's vision was completely red.

The moment she fell, his entire body had gone stiff. His hearing faded out to nothing but the sound of his heartbeat, reminding him that she no longer had one. His muscles began trembling, his blood rushing, his power darkening.

Another pulse's rhythm had joined his own. Instantly, he knew it to be Grover's.

Then Annabeth's.

Then Clarisse's.

And now, as he watches Kronos' control over Luke, as Clarisse and Annabeth run away from him to buy them all time, even more heartbeats join the chorus inside his head. He rolls his neck, barely hearing the sound it makes as it cracks.

A figure dashes towards him in his periphery. A heartbeat becomes slightly louder. As they approach, he feels the erratic pattern of their footfalls.

Not familiar.

Percy holds his arm out to the side, his muscles tensing further as he grabs ahold of the closest source of water.

The attacker halts in their tracks, unable to move.

Blood rushes in Percy's ears. Not his own, this time.

Slowly, he looks at the demigod in his control, tilting his head at them. His eyes, now empty of light, are so dark of a blue that they appear black. What typically are gentle and soft features have gone cold and hard, shaped of chipped stone rather than smooth clay—the same subject, only a product of a different sculptor.

The demigod would have trembled at the sight of Poseidon's son, had they any command over their muscles.

Percy's mind reaches deeper, his eyes staring evilly, angrily, into the demigod's soul, and their fear increases as his power snakes through every vein in their body.

The dark corners of his mind whisper desires to command, to kill, to destroy. His blood rushes with anticipation, nerves tingling excitedly. His eyes darken further, but they seem to glimmer with joy at the prospect of bringing this person to their death.

It's only fair, after hers.

The demigod whimpers in pain, and Percy's fingers curl as his control spreads over their heart. He holds it in his hands, now—their life, their every will and action. He can feel it, right under his fingertips.

His own pulse leaps with euphoria, his body nearly shivering with delight.

The demigod's form begins to lift slightly, drawing closer as Percy commands it to. His lips turn up in glee, his mind again asking, praying, begging to finish it. To let all their blood rip through their skin so their corpse is completely dry; to snap every bone in their body before their neck; to just stop their heart in any gruesome, terrible, beautiful way that he can.

Percy has the control, the desire, the ability. He could end it for this demigod, right now.

And by the gods, he would love to.

They let out another sound of pain, tears spilling out of their eyes, and Percy's fingers twitch, longing to squeeze their heart until it bursts. He would do it to everyone here. For her.

But (Y/N) doesn't kill, not unless she has to.

The want that courses through Percy's veins, that overpowers his muscles and mind—it is dark, and evil, and greedy. Their heartbeat increases in his grasp.