●TEN●

{10} The Man in the Black Mask

×~~~×~~~×

Josephine gazed around the beautiful ballroom she was in, her hand clutching onto Xaveiro's arm tightly. Nervous would be an understatement of what she was feeling currently. Gorgeous ballrooms like this was nothing new to her, but being in here with someone else was.

"You feeling okay?" Xaveiro's voice brought her out of her trance.

"Y-Yeah, I am fine. Why do you ask?"

"With how tightly you are clutching onto my arm." He said with a chuckle and she blushed, loosening her grip. He placed his hand on hers, the one that was gripping his arm.

"Don't. I kinda liked it." She rolled her eyes, looking at his tiny smile. He's such a tease sometimes, one of the reasons why she was into him. Her mind randomly drifted off to her friends. I hope they are doing alright without me.

Halsa was going to lose her mind as she started to run towards the front door of the party. The security guards tried to stop her but she pushed through them and ran inside, her fear taking over. That was weird though. She thought there won't be any security guards.

She did not care about anything- whether her whole cover was going to blow up or if her whole organisation would be in danger. The only thing in her mind was that she had to save Shaelynn.

"Hey! Where do you think you are going?! Stop her!" She heard the guards yelling and her heart started beating frantically, but she did not slow her pace.

Shaelynn was so elated that she was able to get the money out with no hassle. She opened the zipper slightly as well to make sure it was right thing.

"Would you look at that, Halsa? I guess I am not too bad at this after all!" She said with a giggle, but got no reply. That's weird, why isn't she replying? She touched her earpiece a little.

"Hello? Halsa?" Still no reply. That got her a bit worried, but it was still fine because she already got what she came here for.

Suddenly, she felt something move behind her, which made her freeze instantly. Is there someone behind me? She had a huge gut feeling that someone was walking towards her.

Before she could make any quick movements or turn around, she felt something hard press against the back of her head, making her heart skip a beat.

"Don't. Move." She heard the voice of a man and realized the thing pressing against her head was a gun. She was so scared. How the hell did he get in here? How long was he in here? Was he waiting for me to find it for him? So many questions were spiralling in her head.