●NINETEEN●

{19} Happiness

×~~~×~~~×

Josephine stared at Xaveiro's peaceful sleeping expression, his eyes closed and his lips slightly parted with his breathing steady.

She was currently sitting on a chair beside him while he laid on the white bed in the hospital. She came as soon as the doctors allowed visitors in.

Josephine has been waiting patiently for the last three hours for him to wake up but he was yet to do that.

With her eyes glistening with tears, she grabbed his hand and kissed the back of his palm. She didn't like seeing him in this state, the fact that he was in pain because of her.

Her heart yearned for him and she realized she truly fell in love with him at this point.

She cut her vacation short and decided to spend the time taking care of Xaveiro instead. The others were still at the villa, trying to figure out ways to cover up the dead bodies.

What a getaway. She thought to herself with a bitter chuckle. Though Mark was gone forever, she couldn't forgive him.

She rested her head on the bed in a sitting position and closed her eyes, their fingers still entangled.

Josephine must have fallen asleep since she felt his finger twitch in her hand, causing her to instantly rise up from her slumber and look at his expression.

His eyes were slightly open, making her shoulders fall down and relax. When their gaze met, a tiny smile broke out on his lips, causing her heart to fill with warmth.

"Hey." She greeted in a small voice as she got up from the chair and went closer to his face.

"I didn't expect you to be here." He croaked out and cleared his throat.

"Of course, I would be here. How are you feeling?" She asked with concern written all over her face as she inspected him.

"You look cute when you're worried." He replied with a smirk, making her give out a breathy laugh.

She was now realising how much she missed him and how nice it felt to finally hear his voice again. All her nerves started to cool down as well.

"Come on." She mumbled, gleaming and rolling her eyes playfully.

"I feel like shit. Didn't think a bullet in the arm would cause this. Kinda embarrassing, huh?"

"Shut up. I am glad you're okay. I don't know what I would have done if something big happened and you didn't wake u-"

"Woah. People don't die from being shot in the arm, Josephine." He uttered with a chuckle and closed his eyes.

"Thankfully... Well, I will let the doctors know you're awake." With that, Josephine walked outside and talked to the nurse.