●FOURTEEN●

{14} Game On

×~~~×~~~×

Five days have passed since Josephine learned the reason behind the kidnapping. She avoided the girls as much as she could since she didn't know how to tell them this.

She was yet to process the news herself. She had a feeling Shaelynn wouldn't take it very well.

Currently, she was sitting in the living room with Brax and Aaron. Yep, they were still here. She noticed Shaelynn avoided any sort of contact with Aaron since that night, so Brax had been staying at her place, keeping an eye on him.

Brax wasn't too harsh on Aaron anymore, in fact, he was nice to him from time to time.

"Okay, I have decided something." Aaron declared, causing both of their attention to turn towards him.

"What's up?" Josephine asked as she placed her phone down. No text from Xaveiro since the past five days and she was losing her mind.

"I want to work with you guys!" They looked shocked at this revelation. That was the last thing they expected to hear from him.

"Wait, what do you mean?" Brax asked as he shifted his position to look at him better.

"You know, your whole gang, organisation, whatever shit you guys are a part of." Aaron had a huge smile on his face, acting like this was nothing.

"Um, you do realise you can't just... Get in like that, right?"

"Why not? I know everything about you guys, what you do, where you stay, your plans. It's a loss for you more than me if you let me go in the future for any reason."

"We won't let you go."

"Oh, come on. There is no way you are gonna have me as a prisoner for the rest of your life. Plus, since I am going to be here anyway, why not just let me in the team?" Josephine stared at him as she wondered, he did have a point.

"Why do you even wanna join us? We are fucking criminals."

"Exactly, it seems cool. I was getting bored of having a king like lifestyle, wanna see what it feels like to live on the other side."

"Other side?" Josephine asked with an eye roll and he shrugged, smirking.

"Not to mention, I was going to steal that money if you all didn't interrupt me. That proves I was already ready to become the bad guy."

"The bad guy? This isn't a fucking movie, you know. Life isn't as black and white as that. We are all just trying to make a living, one way or another." Josephine replied, her eyes having a far away look in them.

"Oh, come on. We are criminals, Jose. Who even gives a shit? Anyway, you should talk to Simon about this, Aaron. We are not the boss." Brax suggested and Josephine went to the kitchen, thinking of what to make.