Chapter 1 Reborn in a New World

Book Cover made by ladyarchangel74 Thank you so much!

Kagome didn't think that her life would end like this. After everything she had survived in the Feudal Era and defeating Naraku, the last thing she thought would happen was that she would get hit by a drunk driver in her era. As she lay in intensive care listening to her heart slowly fade away on the heart monitor, Kagome couldn't help but think that it was ironic that she would die the same way her father did.

Kagome took one final breath, and her heart stopped. She began to feel herself drift off into the void and was greeted by nothing but a warm, comforting feeling. In that darkness, Kagome felt safe and loved. She wondered if this was what death was supposed to feel like.

You are not dead, Dear One. A voice rang out.

Kagome looked around, searching for the source of the voice until she finally spotted something in the distance. Slowly the figure became more apparent, and Kagome gasped when she saw that it was the Priestess Midoriko.

"Midoriko, what are you doing here?" Kagome asked the older Priestess.

Midoriko smiled at Kagome, the Kamis sent me, Kagome. They thought it would be better for you to see a familiar face at this moment. I am sure you know that you have passed away in your world, yes?

Kagome nodded, "Am I in the afterlife?"

Midoriko shook her head; no, Dear One. The Kamis have decided that you are to be reborn but will be reborn in another world and into a family that desperately needs your help.

Kagome furrowed her brow, "What happens to this family, Midoriko, that they need my help?"

This family is destroyed by the actions of a woman's cruelty, negligence, and stupidity, who chooses to believe someone that only wanted the destruction of her husband's family. Her thoughtless actions led to a bloody and pointless war and countless lives lost.

Kagome was appalled; she was a Miko, even if she was dead, and it was her duty to ease the suffering of others. Kagome knew she couldn't let such a fate befall this family or land.

"What must I do, Midoriko?"

Guide them, Kagome, protect the Starks from others and from themselves. They are honorable people, perhaps too honorable for their own good. They cannot enter the Game of Thrones naive as babes, or they will not survive.

"Game of Thrones?" Kagome asked.

Midoriko sighed; you will understand in time. This will be a long and perilous journey for you, but I promise it will be worth it. And in the end, you will find love and happiness in the most unlikely place. I must go now; the time of your birth is at hand.

Catelyn Stark nee Tully was in agony. She was due to deliver her babe any moment, and she was frightened. Her mother Minisa had died shortly after giving birth to her younger brother Edmure and Cat was worried that the same fate would befall her or worse, that her baby would die. She prayed to the Mother to help her in her time of need and help her give birth to a healthy boy.

Catelyn had only been married a little over a year to Eddard Stark, a virtual stranger, since his brother, her betrothed Brandon, was murdered in the Capitol along with his father. But Catelyn did her duty; after all, those were the words of her house, Family, Duty, Honor. She married Eddard without complaint as her father demanded, but she hoped she would have a good marriage with this man, and giving birth to a son would start in the right direction.

Catelyn lay in her bed, straining to give birth to her child. Never in her life had she experienced such pain, but she knew it would be worth it when her baby was born. Maester Luwin, who had come down from Winterfell, urged her to push, and with all her might, Catelyn gave one final push, and she heard the most beautiful sound in the world; the sound of a newborn crying.