Chapter 13 Outrage

Lyarra walked towards her bedroom, with Kouga following behind her. How would she tell Robb that she was going to marry Jaime Lannister? They had hoped that Lyarra would wed Small Jon Umber and stay in the North. The two had been fond of each other since they were children.

Lyarra entered her room and screamed when she saw Robb and Jon sitting on her bed. She clutched at her heart, trying to calm down, “You idiots! I felt scared half to death! What are you doing here?”

The boys looked at each other, “We heard that Father and Mother needed to talk with you about something, and we want to know what it was,” Robb answered.

Lyarra sighed and threw herself on her bed, “The fat king has declared that Sansa and I are to be married. He wants to betroth Sansa to Joffery and...”

“And?” Jon asked.

Lyarra sighed, “He declared that I am to marry Jaime Lannister.”

“WHAT?!?” Her brothers yell.

“It's bad enough that Sansa has to marry that psychotic shit, but how will you marry the Kingslayer if he's part of the Kingsguard?” Robb asked.

Lyarra sighed, “King Robert will release him from the Kingsguard. He wants House Stark and Lannister to join the houses.

“Is he mad? Our houses hate each other!” Robb yelled.

“I think it's only an excuse to have Lyarra close to him because he thinks she looks like Aunt Lyanna,” Jon speculated.

“I think Jon is right,” Lyarra answered, “Did you see how he looked at me when we met?”

Robb and Jon shivered in disgust, “Aye, it was disgusting. I'm sure if he could have, Father, would have punched him for ogling you.”

“What are you going to do, Lya,” Jon asked.

“What else can I do, Jon? The king has commanded this marriage, so we must see it through. But if Jaime Lannister thinks I'm going to be some meek Southern Lady that follows him around like a lost puppy, he is sorely mistaken,” Lyarra told her brothers.

“Will you get married in the Capitol?” Robb inquired

“Never! Will it be here in Winterfell or not at all? I will not budge on that. I worship the Old Gods and will continue to do so,” Lyarra said with conviction, “I also plan to take a few Hearts Tree saplings and plant one in the Capitol and one if Casterly Rock. I will not give up my faith in anyone.”

Robb nodded, “And with your powers, they will proliferate, but what about Kouga?”