Chapter 11 Royalty Arrives

The day finally came when the King was to arrive. Brandon was sitting on the roof of one of the towers and saw the royal procession approaching; he clambers nimbly down to tell everyone. Cat is walking by with Maester Luwin and notices Summer sitting there looking up. She sighs, "Gods, but they grow fast," At that moment, Cat saw Brandon making his way down, "Brandon!" She yelled.

"I saw the king! He's got hundreds of people!" Brandon yelled.

"How many times have I told you: No climbing!"

"But he's coming right now! Down our road!"

"I want you to promise me: No more climbing," Catelyn told her son sternly.

Brandon looked down, "I promise."

"Do you know what?" Catelyn asked.

"What?"

"You always look at your feet before you lie. Run and find your father. Tell him the king is close. And tell Lyarra to round up your other siblings."

Brandon grinned at his mother and ran off to find his father and sister, with Summer running after him. He knew that his eldest sister would be with his father, so his task was easy.

Brandon found his father and sister talking in the Godswood. He stopped so he could listen to what they were talking about.

"Sweetling, I must warn you about King Robert. He's going to take an unhealthy interest in you," Ned warned his daughter.

"I know, Father, and I know it is because I resemble Aunt Lyanna," Lyarra answered.

"Aye, you do. Not by much; you look more like your grandmother, but enough to get Robert's attention. And for that reason, I do not want you coming South with me if Robert wants to make me his new Hand."

Lyarra shook her head, "You, Mother, and I already discussed this, Father. You will need someone to look after Sansa, Arya, and Brandon. And I will not leave you in that den of vipers alone. I will do whatever I can to ensure you are all safe."

Ned sighed and hugged Lyarra, "There is one trait you inherited from your Aunt; you are so stubborn," Ned said.

"And you wouldn't have me any other way," Lyarra whispered in her father's ear.

Ned chuckled, "No, I would not."

When they pulled apart, Brandon came out of the bushes and told them that the king was approaching and that Lyarra had to gather the others. So, the father and daughter left to perform their duties.

Lyarra made sure that her brothers were freshly shaved and that their hair had been trimmed earlier in the week, and she inspected the barber's handy work. Then she went to check on Sansa and Arya to make sure they were appropriately dressed. Arya hated being dressed like a lady, but she did as her oldest sister told her without complaint. Arya knew that Lyarra was only looking out for her best interest. And because of that, Arya would put up with wearing this stupid dress for now.

Once Lyarra had rounded up her siblings, the Stark family made their way to the courtyard to watch the grand entry of the king's horses and men. In rides, Prince Joffery, followed by The Hound. The other Starks wait in a greeting line.