Chapter 17 Wedding Night

WARNING: SEXUALLY EXPLICIT SCENE!!

When they arrived at the Great Hall, Lyarra and Ser Jaime were greeted by the applause of the Northern Lords. Jaime set Lyarra on her feet and led her to the raised dais where they would dine with the Royal Family and Jaime's new Good family. The occasion was a little subdued until the ale was passed around, and the people began to eat, drink and relax. The servants brought the newlyweds the choicest meats and served them first. Arbor Gold and Dornish red wines were served along with Northern Ale.

Lyarra and Jaime barely spoke to each other, but now and then, Lyarra would touch Jaime's shoulder and subtly push her healing powers into him. She could tell that under his arrogant attitude was a man that was hurting. And the Priestess in Lyarra couldn't let her new husband suffer. Whatever was eating him alive, she had to fix it.

After everyone had eaten their fill, the dancing began. Robb immediately stole his sister and started dancing with her, passing her off to Jon and any Northern Lord wanting to dance with Their Winter Rose. Jaime watched, a little perturbed that he had yet to dance with his bride. Tyrion sat beside him, “Why don't you ask Lyarra to dance?”

Jaime looked at his little brother and scowled, “And ruin her fun? Besides, I don't know these Northern dances.”

A voice behind them startled the brothers, “Then, Ser Jaime, I will teach you,” Lyarra said as she sat beside her new husband. She drank water to soothe her parched throat from all her laughing.

Jaime gave Lyarra an arrogant smirk, “Do you think you can, little Wife?”

Lyarra beamed at Jaime, happy to share her culture with him. Jaime's heart skipped a beat, seeing Lyarra direct her beautiful smile at him, though he would deny that it happened, “Of course, I can teach you if you are willing to learn.”

Jaime thought for a moment, “I would be delighted,” He said, then stood and offered his hand to Lyarra. Lyarra smiled up at him and took his hand. She may not trust Jaime Lannister, but Lyarra would do her best to make this marriage work.

Lyarra led Jaime to the dancefloor, and lively music began to play. Lyarra put her hand on Jaime's shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around her waist. She slowly started to show him the steps, and the couple began to move about the dancefloor slowly. Jaime glanced around at the other dancers and decided to copy them. The newlyweds started dancing more to the beat of the music. The more confident Jaime became, the more he enjoyed himself. He would spin Lyarra and bring her back into his arms while she laughed.

While this was going on, Queen Cersei glared at Jaime while he danced with that Wolf Whore. Cersei couldn't believe her father would make such a ridiculous deal with her fat oaf husband. She had never been so angry in her life. Jaime belonged to Cersei; they were two halves of the same coin. Jaime was the father of her children, damn it! Except for Tommen, he was Lancel's son. Even though Jaime stopped having sex with her and no longer had romantic feelings for her, he still belonged to Cersei. She would never give him up.

While Cersei looked on, cursing the Wolf Whore, Robert watched with almost undisguised lust for Lyarra. Ned had seen Robert staring at his beloved daughter and told the serving girls to do whatever they had to distract the King. The serving girls caught on quickly to what Lord Stark was not telling them. They, too, saw the look in the King's eye for their lady and decided they would do it anyway without their Lord asking them to. All the servants loved Lyarra and would do anything to protect her, especially from the King, for as long as possible. So the serving girls flirted with Robert and distracted him from his lustful gaze.