rocky horror

"You ready for our first dress rehearsal?" Faith yelled from the directors table in the house of the auditorium

"You ready for our first dress rehearsal?" Faith yelled from the directors table in the house of the auditorium. While most of the cast all let out their own screams insinuating yes, Sam walked towards the edge of the stage, a shirt over his tiny golden shorts. He squinted so he could see Mr. Schue past the stage lights.

"Uh, Mr. Schue?" Sam yelled. Faith loudly cleared her throat from beside the teacher. Sam looked at her and nodded. "And Faith. I know I'm supposed to be in my underwear for this scene, and I'm totally down with that. I thought maybe I would save it for the opening, if that's okay. Um, also, is there a way I could... Wear, like, some gold board shorts or something? These are really short. I'm afraid I'm gonna show off some nuttage."

Just as Faith was about to tell Sam it was okay, Mr. Schue leaned into the mic. "Well... we'll take a note. We can't stop, guys. It's a dress rehearsal. Come on, keep going. And... Action!"

As the students started to run the show, Faith turned down the microphone her and her teacher shared. She turned to the man, giving him a confused look. "If they're uncomfortable with their costumes, we have to know and change it for them. It's a dress rehearsal for a show staring minors." Faith snapped, emphasizing on minors for her teacher to hear.

Faith turned back to the stage, wanting to give her classmates her full attention and she was in absolute awe watching Mercedes play Frank-n-furter. She was amazing.

But all of that awe went away when Carl drove through the set on his motorcycle.

Faith yelped as Mr. Schue and Ms. Pillsbury jumped. The guidance counselor smiled, at her boyfriend, a blissful sigh leaving her lips as Carl took off his helmet. "Now that's an entrance." Ms. Pillsbury whispered under her breath but Faith and Mr. Schue heard it.

"Miss director?" Carl called out, his eyes squinting at the stage lights on him just like Sam, but his eyes still found Faith. "I take that wall out right?"

Faith winced, leaning towards the mic beside her as she shook her head at the dentist. "You're actually two acts early. You're supposed to bust through the dinner party scene."

Carl looked around him to see all the kids on stage watching him with wide eyes before he turned back to Faith, giving her a awkward smile. "Oh... well, actually, I was sort of feeling my entrance in this scene."

"Such good, good, interesting impulses." Ms. Pillbury muttered before leaning over the desk to look at Faith, her brows raised. "Don't you think, Faith?"

Before Faith could answer the woman's question, Ms. Pillsbury turned back to the stage, applauding Carl. "Bravo, Carl, bravo!"

...

Faith walked down the hallway after leaving her fourth period for lunch. She was going over another rewrite Sue had made when she felt an arm wrap around her shoulders. "So..." Sam started. Faith chuckled, looking up at Sam.