friendly competition

Faith and Sam walked into glee club just as it started

Faith and Sam walked into glee club just as it started. They were holding hands, catching multiple members eyes and attention. Faith's noticed Puck sitting down in his old seat, behind Faith's seat. Faith and Sam took their seats, Faith in her usual one and Sam beside her as Mr. Schue clapped to get the students attention. "All right, guys, let's get down to business. First, let's welcome back Noah Puckerman."

The class all cheered at the boy being back as Mr. Schue raised his eyebrows at the boy. "Puck, I hope your time in juvie has taught you a lesson or two about right and wrong."

Puck laughed at the teachers words. "Are you kidding me? I ruled that place. All I did was crack skulls and lift weights all day."

"Wow, what a catch. Can't believe I ever let you go." Quinn muttered under her breath.

"And now, drum roll, Finn. Faith." Mr. Schue said. Faith and Finn turned to each other at the same time and they both started to drum roll on their legs. Mr. Schue smirked as he walked over to the piano. He grabbed a folded piece of paper and his smile grew. "Because I have in my hand our competition for Sectionals next month."

Faith stopped her drum roll, her jaw dropped. She leaned over and grabbed Sam's arm, tugging him closer to her. Sam almost fell out of his seat from how hard Faith grabbed him. He scooted his chair closer to hers and let her hold onto his arm, finding her excitement extremely cute. 

"First, the acapella choir from the all-boys' private school in Westerville, the Dalton Academy Warblers."

Santana let out a loud laugh at their first competitors. "Okay, hold up. Like, a million awesome gay jokes just popped into my head." She giggled out, earning a glare from Kurt, Faith, and Quinn. 

"And the other team to beat... The Hipsters, a first-year club from the Warren Township Continuing Education Program. Now, they are a glee club composed entirely of elderly people getting their high school GEDs."

To say the whole choir room was confused is an understatement. Mr. SChue watched as every students face contorted into a look of absolute confusion. "Wait, what? The elderly?" Faith asked, her grip on Sam's arm loosening. Sam nodded along with Faith's question, using her moment of distraction as a time to move his hand around to grab her. "Is that legal?" He asked.

"How are we supposed to compete against a bunch of adorable old people?" Santana asked, making Puck chuckle. "Are you kidding? Brittle bones. Give one of those old ladies a good-luck pat on the rear, it'll shatter her pelvis." 

Mr. Schue glared at Puck before he rolled his eyes, turning to his other students. "Moving on. Since it seemed to get you guys jazzed about Sectionals last year, I want to make this week our second annual Boys Versus Girls tournament." Mr. Schue yelled and Faith straightened up. She turned to Tina just as she turned to her and they grabbed hands, cheering in excitement.

"But there's a twist." Mr. Schue started and before any students could groan, he spoke up again, raising his hands in defense. "Look, I'm not tossing the baby out with the bathwater here." He said and Brittany giggled. "I've totally done that."