Dragons

(y/n) (P.O.V)

A Nadder head is sure to get me at least noticed.

Gronckles are tough. Taking down one of those would definitely get me a boyfriend.

A Zippleback? Exotic, exciting. Two heads, twice the status.

3rd (POV)

"They found the sheep!" A viking said frustrated.

"Concentrate fire over the lower bank!" Stoick said to the catapult operater

"Fire!" the catapult operater shouted.

Boulders were catapulted at the Nadders... Just as a red dragon whips past, spraying the base of the catapult with fire.

(Y/n) POV

...And then there's the Monstrous Nightmare. Only the best Vikings go after those. They have this nasty habit of setting themselves on fire

"But the ultimate prize is the dragon no one has ever seen. We call it the--"

"Night Fury! Get down!" A viking yelled.

This thing never steals food, never shows itself, and...

...never misses.

No one has ever killed a Night Fury. That's why I'm going to be the first

"Man the fort, (Y/N), they need me out there! Gobber pauses. Turns with a threatening glare. Stay. Put. There. You know what I mean. Gobber charges into the street's , HOLLERING."

(3rd POV)

(Y/N) pushes her wheeled contraption through a wall of clustered Vikings. She weaves through the ongoing mayhem, as fast as her legs can carry her.

(Y/N) reaches a cliff overlooking the catapult and drops the handles to the ground. She then drops a bola onto a chamber and then pivots the weapon on a gimbal head toward the dark sky. She hears the NIGHT FURY approaching... and turns her aim to the defense tower. It closes in for the final strike, completely camouflaged in the night sky.

"Come on. Give me something to shoot at, give me something to shoot at." (Y/n) whispers to herself

(Y/n) eyes widened, "Oh, I hit it! Yes, I hit it! Did anybody see that?" Then A Monstrous Nightmare appears, slithering up over the lip of the cliff.

(Y/N) dodges a near fatal blast. The Nightmare's sticky fire splashes up onto buildings, setting them alight. (Y/N) ducks behind the last standing brazier.
(Y/N) peers around the smoldering post. No sign of the Nightmare. She turns back to find it leering at her, blocking her escape.
Suddenly, Stoick LEAPS between them, tackling the Nightmare to the ground. They tumble and wrestle.
The Nightmare tries to toast him, but only coughs up smoke.