The Forbidden Friendship

GOBBER: Alright. Where did Astrid and Hiccup go wrong in the ring today?

The recruits are seated at a table, eating dinner by the glow of the fire pit.

ASTRID: We mistimed our summersault. It was sloppy.

HICCUP: It threw off our reverse tumble.

Eye rolls from the group.

RUFFNUT: Yeah. We noticed.

SNOTLOUT: (grabbing Astrid's hand) No, no, you were great. That was so 'Astrid'.

GOBBER: They're right, you have to be tough on yourselves.
All eyes turn to (Y/N), entering the hall, sheepishly.

GOBBER: Where did (Y/N) go wrong? She tries to take a seat at the table...

RUFFNUT: She showed up.

TUFFNUT: She didn't get eaten. ... but the recruits keep closing the gaps. Rolling her eyes, (Y/N) sits at the vacant table next to them.

Hiccup: She's never where she should be.

GOBBER: Thank you, Hiccup. Gobber stands. You need to live and breathe this stuff.
He puts a giant book in the center of the table. The dragon manual. Everything we know about every dragon we know of.

A RUMBLE of thunder shakes the hall. Rain starts pouring down outside.

GOBBER: No attacks tonight. Study up.

TUFFNUT:(you've got to be kidding) Wait, you mean read?

RUFFNUT: While we're still alive?

SNOTLOUT: Why read words when you can just kill the stuff the words tell you stuff about?

FISHLEGS: Oh! I've read it like, seven times. There's this water dragon that sprays boiling water at your face. The teens stare at Fishlegs.

TUFFNUT: Yeah, that sounds great. There was a chance I was going to read that...

RUFFNUT: ...but now...

Snotlout gets up to go.

SNOTLOUT: You guys read, I'll go kill stuff. The others follow, with Fishlegs in tow.

FISHLEGS: Oh and there's this other one that has these spines that look like trees... Hiccup is the last to go.

(Y/N): So I guess we'll share--

Hiccup: Read it. he pushes it toward her and leaves.

(Y/N): All mine then. Wow, so okay. I'll see you-- Slam.  Tomorrow...

-------------------------------------------------------
(Small time skip)

  (Y/N) opens the book and pours through page after page of strange and frightening dragons.