The Dragon's Nest

BLACKSMITH STALL- Y/N'S CLOSET NIGHT

(Y/N)
was lost in thought, her head laid of a desk full of Toothless drawings. Suddenly, STOICK appears in the doorway. (Y/N) jumps and quickly covers up her desk.

(Y/N):Dad! You're back! She skirts the bench, blocking Stoick's view of Toothless, the prosthetic fin,Hiccup and other drawings.

(Y/N):Gobber's not here, so... She strikes an awkward pose, trying to cover up as much as possible.

STOICK: I know. I came looking for you.

(Y/N): You did

STOICK: You've been keeping secrets..

(Y/N): I...have?

STOICK: Just how long did you think you could hide it from me?

(Y/N): I don't know what you're...

STOICK: Nothing happens on this island without me hearing about it.

(Y/N):Oh?

STOICK: So... Let's talk about that dragon. Blood drains from (Y/N)'s face.

(Y/N):Oh gods. Dad I'm so sorry. I was going to tell you. I just didn't know how to-- Stoick starts laughing. (Y/N) stares, baffled.
(Y/N): You're not...upset?

STOICK: What?! I was hoping for this!

(Y/N): Uh...you were?

STOICK: And believe me, it only gets better! Just wait til you spill a NADDER'S guts for the first time.
STOICK: And mount your first GRONCKLE HEAD on a spear. What a feeling!
Stoick laughs and smacks (Y/N) on the shoulder, sending her into the wall...

Stoick:You really had me going there, daughter . All those years of the worst Viking Berk has ever seen! Odin, it was rough. I almost gave up on you!
(Y/N) gets back up
S

TOICK: And all the while, you were holding out on me! Thor almighty!
A

hhhhh. With you doing so well in the ring, we finally have something to talk about.Stoick adjusts, awkwardly clearing his throat. After a long, uncomfortable silence...
STOICK: Oh, I... brought you something. He presents a horned helmet.
STOICK: To keep you safe in the ring.

(Y/N):Wow. Thanks.

STOICK:Your mother would've wanted you to have it. It's half of her breast plate.

STOICK: Matching set. Keeps her close, y'know?

STOICK: Wear it proudly. You deserve it. You've held up your end of the deal.
She forces a YAWN.

(Y/N): I should really get some sleep.

TRAINING GROUNDS - AFTERNOON

A Gronckle hovers above the ring, hunting victims as the teen recruits scramble. Hiccup ducks behind a barrier to find (Y/N) already there. He forces his axe at her throat.

HICCUP: Stay out of my way! I'm winning this thing.

(Y/N): Please, by all means.