Volume 1. Complex Feelings

Thump

Thump

Thump

My heart beats as it's the only audible sound that I could currently hear.

I layed beside a sleeping Mikoto.

I guess I never actually noticed but—wow.. was she pretty. Her dark grey hair, with the ocean blue ends. And her sharp eyes, that screams 'DOM', those black fingernails, her ear piercings.

They all match her.

Even with her look that would make anyone back away, she has a past which.. I can't tell if she's faking her personality. But I know for a certain, she's only doing what she does for a good reason.

Many more things I thought about how absolutely stunning and caring she is.

But Ely.

She mentioned her and how she fell...

Is she a lesbian?

Likely knowing how she acts around the female customers.

What was their relationship?

Close friends?

One-sides feelings?

Lovers?

Something more?

Wait—why am I worrying about her relationships, even when they're both dead.

I just need some sleep.

Then I'll forget about it.
___________

I felt tired.

Of course I just woke up.

But for some reason I REALLY didn't want to leave, I want to stay with Mikoto.

Why?

I don't understand this feeling?

Thump

Thump

Thump

Why now do I want to stay close to her?

"Fumiha!... oh my!... I'll just leave you two.. actually let me take a picture." Dad gasped, just seeing me. Then leaving us.

Wait what does he mean?

I try to move but something something hindered my from moving. It felt like something held my waist.

I look behind me and Mikoto has her face buried into my back. Her Breathing, made my heart beat faster and faster.

Thump!
Thump, Thump!
Thump, Thump, Thump!

No, no, no!

She's how old!?

And she's probably currently grieving over her Ely!

So, so, so!! There's no way! I-I can't!

"Huh?..." A voice yawned on my back. "N-Ne, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!—" She spoke backing up.

"I-it's fine Mikoto! Really it's fine..." I said, feeling down.

Why am I feeling sad?

She just let go.

At least she's okay.

Wait-why do I care?!

"Well then! Fumi! Shall we go to work!" She smiled.

It was fake. Her smile looked forced. It was obvious.

And 'Fumi' you can't fool me, you only call me that when you're teasing.

"Mikoto.. are you sure you don't want to talk about it? Yesterday. The incident with the envelope?"

"N-no, I-I swear I'm fine! But, how about you!?" She said, wanting to avoid the question.

"Please Mikoto, you're not fine. Just.. I want to help."

AAHHH what am I saying!!

And why in the world of Remnant is my heart beating so fast!

"...."

"Please... I really want to—you know!—um.." I stuttered on every word.

"Hehe.. what's this, you've fallen for me?" She genuinely joked, but it caught me off guard and I blushed madly.

"W-w-what?! Pppphhhttt.. No.." I tried to fake laugh but she saw right through me.

"Haha! Thank you Fumiha! Really." She really laughed. "You want a hug?" Mikoto raised her arms in an empty hug.

"H-huh?!" I blushed a little bit more.

"Well?"

Say no!

Say no!

Say no!

Say no!

"Please." I replied.

Damn IT!

I sat in the bed, while she just hugged me. I placed on her shoulder while she did the same to me.

"...Ely.." She mumbled on my shirt, "she-she was my wife."

"W-wife?" I spoke a shocked, and depressed.

"Yeah... you said that you and your mother were an inseparable duo. Ely and I were the same."

"I-I see."

"We did missions together... t-then we messed up. The mafia caught us, and chased Ely... I-I don't know why! But it was I—who-who had to shot her.. it was her wish..." She cried, while I hugged her back.

"I...I'm sorry about that.."

"It's fine... I've tried things to forget about her. Hooking up with others, killing the mafia, but nothing of those calibur work. I... I just really miss her."

"I can understand that.. messing up, and losing our love one." I said, patting her back.

"Thanks Fumiha... hey." She whispered in my ear

"What?"

"Y'know if I didn't meet Ely, I would definitely marry you. Ne, You're what I look for in a person."

Hearing this, made me blush much more than her other remarks.

"H-Huh! T-thanks!!" I panicked, releasing her from my hug.

"Awww.. you are so cute!" She played with my cheeks.

"Pwease Stawp!!"

"Thank you so much!!" She really did smile. A genuine smile. As she went to the door. "Hey one more thing."

"Y-yeah!"

Mikoto once again went up to me, and pecked my cheek with a small quick kiss.

"Wha!!" I panicked.

"Ne, if I fall for you—I'll be the one to confess. So make me swoon over you. Because I quite like you, and I know you like me. I'll wait, Fumi." She spoke in the most seductive voice into my ear, before she left the room. "Adièu."

Thump

Thump

Thump

I feel my heart skip the one beat.

"Did... I-I really fall for her?" I whispered to myself before I went to hug one of my pillows, and shouted into it. With the reddest face I've ever made. "Damn you.. Koto. I've fallen this fast."