Chapter 1

EVELYN POV

"You have 100 days," Jasmine said as Emma was laughing like a maniac. It started out as a normal game of truth or dare, it was a kids' game but that didn't mean it was any less fun. I put my long curly brown hair into a messy bun using a claw clip since it was really hot this summer in New York. Can you believe it? A 26-year-old being dared by her childhood best friends to make her middle school ex-boyfriend fall in love just to humiliate him and dump him.

I loved them I really did but sometimes they were a little dumb. They had always hated him and wanted to stab me when they found out he lived in the same apartment. He couldn't afford a penthouse like mine though, he was too stupid to get a well-paying job. It was part of the reason he dated me, he used me to get my help with exams because there was no way he would pass without them, and after school ended he dumped me since he didn't need my skills anymore.

I graduated from Harvard Law at the top of my class and am now the highest-paid lawyer in New York, so it goes without saying I was wealthy, Jasmine and Emma owned an interior design company which I helped out with since interior design was a passion of mine. The three of us owned New York, designed the most luxurious places, and went everywhere together. Perks of having friends for 15 years.

So, 100 days to make my middle school ex fall in love with me. Doubt it would work. He could pretend to be in love with me and then use me for my wealth. I told this to my friends but Jasmine said I could easily not spend money on him, plus, he was filthy rich. There were rumors his father was the leader of a well-known mafia and he was to take his place as soon as he found a wife. It all sounded like bullshit to me though, this isn't a Wattpad story. 

"Fine" I groaned walking over to my kitchen and preparing pasta for the three of us. It was a tradition to eat pasta on girl's night, after sushi of course. We always got the same thing to make splitting the cheque easier since paying in Lebanon was a pain in the ass. It was funny, going from living in a country where you weren't sure what would happen the next day and constantly hearing bullets to living in a luxurious penthouse with the most threatening noise being traffic or yelling.

We visited Lebanon frequently and things have gotten a lot better since. We always went to Zeytuna Bay and spent our evening in Em Sherif with our parents. Sorry, back to the current situation. I was putting the pasta together when my friends suggested going to Starbucks which was unlike them to want to go for coffee this late, it was 10:30 PM, and coffee made no sense. I still agreed, everything was more fun with them. I wore some comfy grey sweatpants and a tight crop top, as did my friends. We never changed. I put some mascara on and a cream blush with some clear lipgloss. I was never a fan of heavy makeup especially because of my oily skin making any makeup I put on feel heavy.

We went to my car because they wanted to go to the one with a rooftop which was odd since we usually went to the one 5 minutes away but the weather was nice so I figured that was why. We got into the matte-black Range Rover and Emma connected Bluetooth immediately since she has the best music taste. The smell of leather filled my nose, it was the reason I got this car, nothing beats the smell of leather. We drove listening to old Drake screaming the lyrics and live streaming on our Instagram accounts. When you're rich and fashionable in New York you're bound to get some fame, especially when you're always seated front row at fashion week.

As we got to the Starbucks Jasmine and Emma started to giggle and look at each other even though Emma was in the front and Jasmine was lying down in the back. I know something was up, when you spend 15 years with people you memorize them a bit. As we walked into the Starbucks I could see why. It was because he was at the counter ordering. These bitches.