Chapter 10

EVELYN POV

*1 new email* 

Dear Miss Taylor,

We would like to invite you to our annual gala on August 15th. There will be music, food, and many other spectacular things for you to enjoy. We ask that you dress formally. The event will be taking place at 8:00PM. Please bring a guest with you. Feel free to voice any concerns or questions you may have. 

NOTE: Your attendance is mandatory.

Sincerely, 

The Board.

Well fuck. I never know how to feel about these galas. There's like a million in a year and each time they ask us to dress according to some theme. Usually I don't really go but this is one of the mandatory ones which probably means there's gonna be investors and maybe some political officials. It is hosted by the board of a law firm after all. I decided to text my friends to ask if any of them will be my plus-one. 

BALA HAYETTT

Evelyn : heyyyyyy guysssss

Jasmine: what do u want

Emma: HAHAHAHAHHAHH 

Evelyn: shut up anw can one of u come w me to this gala next week on aug 15 plsssss

Jasmine: sorry evie bas we have a project next week :(

Emma: how about you ask Leoo ;)

Of fucking course. I almost replied telling her there was no way in hell I'd invite him especially after finding out what really happened but I remembered the dare. Stupid kids game. I texted him asking if he was home to which he replied letting me know that he was. I went down to his apartment and rang the doorbell. He opened the door, welcoming me in and I smiled at him. 

"So, Evelyn, to what do I owe this pleasure?" He asked handing me a glass of water. I looked around his apartment realizing it was actually pretty nice. "I wanted to ask if you would be my date to the company gala on August 15." His eyes widened a bit. "I mean yeah sure I'd love to." We just stared at each other for a bit, kinda awkward, but a lot better than expected. 

"Do you still like sushi?" He broke the silence, thank god. "I still LOVE sushi." I told him, then he started laughing, I did too. So we ordered a bunch of sushi. It was nice to be honest, we talked about a bunch of things, we laughed a lot. I think it'll be nice having him as a neighbor. 

We decided to watch a movie, which would be nice if he'd just listen to me and play the movie. "Evie I'm not going to watch The Notebook and all that romantic bullshit." He told me trying to take the remote away. "But pleaseeeeeee it's such a good movie." I pleaded. He looked at me for a few moments then sighed giving me the remote. We sat on the couch and shared a blanket because his apartment was weirdly freezing. The movie played for a good 30 minutes before I felt his head lean on my shoulder. I looked at him and he was fast asleep. 

After the movie ended I debated waking him up because he looked weirdly peaceful. His arm moved suddenly and wrapped around my waist. I just sat there and ended up falling asleep myself.