Chapter 4

EVELYN POV

After dropping my friends off at their houses I went home. I slipped on some PJs and began my skincare routine while trying to think of a plan to make Leo fall in love with me, even though that's the last thing I want especially after seeing him again. His looks will definitely help though... Ew, what am I saying? After watching Netflix for about 2 hours I fell asleep.

I had come up with a plan:

Invite Leo over for dinner with the excuse of wanting to smooth things over

Figure out his work schedule to be able to bump into him in the elevator to be able to spend more time with him

Become friends

Hang out

Make him fall in love

Dump him at the New Year party in front of everyone

I had a couple of months to execute the plan. It starts today. I typed in Leo's number that I got from Jasmine who got it from Mason and began to call. The last thing I wanted was to have Mason involved. I was considering hanging up when he answered.

"Hello? Who is this?" His deep voice sounded from the speaker. "Hey, Leo it's Evelyn." Trying to sound as casual as possible when all I wanted to do was barf. "Oh, um, hi Evelyn. What's up?" I had to use up all my energy for what I said next "Do you wanna come over for dinner tonight? I figured since we live in the same building we should talk about it, you know so that maybe we could be on better terms."

After that, there was a pause.

A really long pause.

"Sure, why not? What time though, I finish work at 7." Did he sound excited? Wait I just realized I now know when he gets off of work. "Is 8:30 alright with you?" I sounded a little more excited since the plan was working. "It's perfect, thank you for the invite."

It was settled. Leo was coming over for dinner.

I didn't have work that day thankfully so I had loads of time to prepare. I cleaned up the house, and not just shove things into a closet, I mopped, vacuumed, lit some candles... I was going all out. Before you get any ideas, just remember that I have a dare to complete.

I invited Emma to help me cook since she was pretty good, sometimes. She was impressed at how well I was doing, I could say the same. We made pasta, steak, and salad. I thought it was too much but Emma reminded me that I could give him leftovers, and if he refused we could eat them with Jasmine. I still need to get used to the fact that he's coming here, in my house, where I live. God help me.