Chapter 5

LEO POV

I could barely focus at work that day, something wasn't right. For many years she refused to speak to me, and now she was inviting me for dinner. I was in my car and I tried to play some music to help me relax, but it didn't. I pulled into the parking lot of the building when I started eyeing her car.

It was the same car she fantasized about back in middle school. A matte black Range Rover and the lettering of the brand were also black. Even though the windows were tinted, I already knew the seats were leather. Whenever we'd get into a car she'd get so excited if the seats were leather because she loved the smell. I went to my apartment to freshen up seeing there was still half an hour left. I changed into a sweater and jeans since it was a bit cold and I had no idea what to wear.

As I got ready to knock on the door I could smell the food and it was insane. She always bragged about being a good cook, I never knew she was serious. I rang the doorbell and double-checked my phone to make sure I was right on time. She opened the door and there she was, damn.

She was wearing jeans and a white crop top and her hair was down. You could tell she wasn't wearing makeup because she looked better without it. "Hey Leo, right on time." She said smiling. This was really weird. She welcomed me in and I was stunned. Her house was gorgeous. I didn't have a penthouse, not because I couldn't afford it, but because it was too big for one person. Honestly, though her house makes me regret that decision because it's stunning.

She led me to the bright dining room, which had a huge table with lots of chairs. Hanging above the center of the table was a modern chandelier. The food looked insanely good. We sat down and began putting food on our plates. "What would you like to drink? We have loads of stuff like wine, soda, juice water, etc..." She asked while getting up. "Red wine sounds good, but two questions," I said confused. "Yeah?" She asked, "First what do you mean 'we'? I thought you lived alone and also, you drink now?" I was hoping I didn't sound rude.

She laughed sweetly as if she didn't hate every part of my body and soul and said "Oh it's just that my friends are always over so I got used to saying 'we' and I don't drink I keep it for guests." It made sense but I was happy she didn't drink, she made that promise to herself as a teenager, and it melted me to know she kept it. "Oh alright." As she disappeared into the kitchen I got a text from Mason asking how it was going. I quickly replied saying it was good before she came back with a glass of wine and a Pepsi.

The dinner went really well, the food was delicious. As I settled onto the huge soft white couch in front of the fireplace she sat down beside me but not very close much to my dismay. "So um, do you want to talk about it?" She asked looking at me. "Yeah, that'd be great," I said sitting up.

Switch to Evelyn's POV -

As much as this was only a dare, I had been anticipating this conversation for a long time. He doesn't know how much I know about what happened. I guess I might as well get over it. "I know that you used me to get good grades, I know that you sent the video of our breakup to everyone and that you recorded it, I know that you talked shit about me behind my back," I said as bluntly as I could but it hurt remembering what he did, I really did care about him back then.

He looked stunned that I knew all of that. "I'm sorry," he said sounding as if it killed him knowing that I knew what happened. "You should be, first of all using someone is shitty. I don't care what it is it's a shitty thing to do and you made me look stupid. Second of all since we broke up you didn't have to lie about the breakup but were you really that much of a loser that you needed to flex that you broke up with me? Really?" I asked my frustration rising.

He nodded slowly. "Third of all, it would make sense if I talked shit about you since I was used and treated like shit not to mention all the lying." Flashbacks of people telling me how they thought I was ugly and were glad the relationship was over started to run through my mind.

"Leo?" I asked suddenly feeling like I was about to cry. He looked up at me, "Yes Evie?" He asked sounding equally hurt. "Why'd you kiss me if you were gonna use me? I wanted my first kiss to be with someone special, instead, it was with someone who wanted nothing to do with me. So why?"