The Awakening of the Legend (Chapter 12)

Marie-Anne had dressed me into a dress that I had never worn before. It was made of a soft silky material. It was a nice dark blue color with only a single silver bow on my right shoulder. The dark color made my hair, which waved down my back, look lighter than it really was.

My maid attached a silver necklace around my neck and a small tiara with little light blue precious stones inserted in my hair; I was going to take it out as soon as I could. Tonight was going to be about politics and future, but as far as I was concerned I was going to dance and stay out of the political business. That was my father's task.

Robin was waiting for me just outside, I knew that because Marie-Anne had told me when she left. I stayed in my room for another moment. This was going to be my first real ball; I had never been allowed to those off my sister.

Tonight I wouldn't think of anything else than having a good time; that was what I was going to do.

I opened the door and stepped outside. Closing the door before looking at Robin, I kept my eyes on the door as long as possible. Then I turned towards Robin. He was looking at me from my head to my toes, well the hem of my dress. I did the same.

He was wearing dark brown pants, which he had put in his boots. He also wore a light leaf-colored green jacket over a simple white shirt. I guess those were the colors of the elves. Robin was clearly subjected to the same rules as anyone else; you must wear the colors of your Kingdom, disguises or not. I was surprised to see his sword was attached to his belt because he wasn't a knight nor a guard but I set it out of my mind. Probably all the men had their swords for show.

I didn't know what he was thinking and I wished I knew. But as I tried to get into his head I hit his door again.

"Zjarr do you know what he is thinking?" I asked while I smiled at Robin.

"If he doesn't let you in why would he let my in his mind?" She replied.

She withdrew herself form my mind as well. She would stay in my room upstairs the entire night, keeping an eye on me. It was what Vadmin thought would be best. Of course so did my parents.

"You look beautiful." For a moment I thought he was going to add anything but he didn't.

"Thank you." I smiled.

He offered his arm and I took it. We slowly walked towards the ball room; I think Robin felt I was nervous. I didn't know how tonight was going to happen; what my father had planned and if he would stick to it.

As we came closer to the ballroom my grip on Robin's arm got tighter but he didn't mention it. But when we walked into the hall the sound of music and people talking somehow relaxed me a little.

We walked thought the great double door into the ballroom and people stopped talking. Slowly everybody turned towards us and got out of the way so we could walk straight up to the King and Queen on the other side of the room.

I was supposed to join them but Robin didn't let go of me this time.

"Don't worry I'll be fine." I whispered to him.

"I'm not so sure. You're trembling quite a lot." He whispered back.

I realized he was right; my entire body was trembling. Now I didn't really want to let go of Robin either but now he did. And as he did I felt something around me change; I guess it was Robin using earth otherwise he wouldn't have let go.

I walked up towards my parents and took my place on my fathers left side, finally turning to all the guests. For a moment I was surprised by the number but then I thought to myself that it was normal. As the highly ranked people from all over the Kingdom were here.