The Awakening of the Legend (Chapter 6)

“No please stay.” I asked a little too desperate. “I have a lot of questions.” I said quickly but Zjarr didn’t seem happy with just half the truth, she was still mad about me lying to Sir Jamshid. “And I could use some good company.”

He turned around and looked at me like he was trying to tell if I was making fun of him. I smiled hoping it would convince him before I went to get some water for tea. I took two cups out of the kitchen after looking a moment. Putting the herbs and the water in the cups I sat down on the couch and waited for Robin to join me.

When he finally did I was surprised that he came to sit next to me. I liked it though.

“What do you want to know?”

“You say it like it’s a bad thing.” I smiled. “I want to know about the elves. I know I can find everything in the library but I want to hear it from you.”

“There isn’t much to tell.”                          

“I want to know everything. Just pretend I’m someone who doesn’t know how you look, live, anything.”

“Okay. Well we are, and then I mean every single elf, tall and a little too skinny if you ask me. We have very good reflexes and are very fast if we want to. Long blond hair and clear eyes, pointy ears, long fingers… you already know that, so why am I telling you?” I shook my head keeping him from stopping. “We live in our forest, Skógur, but most people called it Elfique Forest. The trees are very high there, creating some sort of shield. The ones in which we live have a really big trunk, about the size of this whole apartment, and usually there a like two floors, but there are about three or four houses per trees.  We live high above the ground, to give you an idea I would say we live on the third floor and higher.”

That I didn’t know. I realized I really didn’t know anything about elves. I let Robin tell and I was more amazed every second. He told me a little about their royal family but not much, I could sense he didn’t like the subject. He explained that they tried to eat as little meat as possible, that they used only dead wood from the ground for fire; they were very close to nature.

I was thankful for the food that Robin had brought me because I was starving. While eating my vegetables and the piece of meat, I offered Robin a piece of bread which he ate slowly.

When he was done talking about the elves we just went on about other things. We talked for an hour or so, since I kept yawning Robin said it was time for bed, sounding a lot like my sister, Anne-Belle. I just smiled and stood up, almost falling back instantly on the couch, I managed to stand up long enough for Robin to walk to the door and leave.

“Goodnight Princess.” He said formal again.

He opened his mouth like he wanted to say something else but changed his mind, shaking his head with a smile. He left and I somehow got into bed. When I turned to my side Zjarr was somehow in the same room as I.

“Zjarr? Do you know what Robin wanted to say before he left?” I asked.

“Yes I do.” She said, not raising her head from her claws, not even opening an eye. “He thinks you have beautiful legs but you don’t show then enough.”

“Very funny!”

“It’s true.”

She didn’t add anything to that, which made me wonder if that was really what he had wanted to tell me. And so what! It was late and I was to sleepy to give it any thought. I closed my eyes and I was fast asleep.

**************************************************

The next morning, when the sun was just coming up from behind the mountains, it was impossible for me to get out of bed. My entire body felt sore, even more then yesterday. I stayed in bed for a few more minutes but I must have fallen asleep again because when I looked outside the sun was already high in the sky.