The Awakening of the Legend (Chapter 28)

So before you read, just give me a moment... less than five minutes...

First, look at the map (-->) I made it a while ago, mostly for myself..... it was actually a quick draft but I'm too lazy to make another one at it's pretty good don't you think? Anyway, now you see where all the kingdoms are and such. The little circle in each kingdon is the capital, then the lakes ( dark spots without any words on them), mermaid lakes...more about those later in the story ;) and also, between the Fairy Meadow, Elfique Forest and the biggest lake, the thing line was suppose to be a magical barrier, later about that too xD

Secondly... three words of vocabulary...
1) Stammene av Åsene, Norwegian for Tribes of the Hills
2) Taragménos, Greek for agitated (thought I'd take it because it sounds Spanish xD)
3) Perlog, Welsh for Pearl (anybody speak Welsh??)

And now, ENJOY!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three days later, before dawn had even dared approach, I walked through the long cold hallways of the castle. I wish I could push the sun even further away, lengthen the night, stretch it out for a few more days. I didn’t want to go already, I wanted to stay. But I couldn’t, I knew I couldn’t and I tried not to complain to anyone but myself.

The knights had returned two days ago, in the middle of the night. The next day was a day of celebration. A banquet in the evening, music and dancing, a lot of cherry blossom wine had been drunk. It had been a happy lot, and the fires in the courtyard hadn’t been extinguished before the middle of the night, just a few hours ago.

Vadmin had spent two days teaching me how to send a magic wave out in front of me. That was what I called it; a magic wave. In real it wasn’t; I projected my own conscience out of my body, which would send back vibrations to my body and those would shape, in my thoughts, whatever it was that was in front of me.

He had me practicing it with all kinds of objects. Blindfolded, I would have to send my conscience out in front of me to see what it was. He even had me try with people but that was harder since they moved. He had been satisfied by what I had been able to do in such a short time. I had just been glad to learn some real magic.

But right now, I just wanted to be in bed and not think of everything that I should have packed, trying to remember if I actually did pack it. Not have to think about anything other than making sure the covers didn’t fall of the bed.

“Come on sleepy. If you fall asleep on Bruin’s back and fall off I won’t be able to catch you.” Robin said as he walked by. He looked wide awake, fresh and well rested. At what time did he go to bed last night? “Just before the last fire went out. I think you forgot to lock your door.” He said to me as he walked outside.

“Than don’t sneak in, I wouldn’t have to lock it.” I snapped before yawning. I focused on the mental door I had created in my thoughts and made sure the lock was closed and would not open again. “Why are you in such a good mood? I thought you didn’t want to go back.”

“I don’t. I am just looking forward to the trip. Would you mind if we make a little stop in Teixeira? There is something I need to check on.”

“Why are you even asking me? I don’t have a choice but follow you since I have no idea where we are going.” I yawned again as I attached something to Bruin’s saddle. The horses, Bruin and Forest, seemed to be eager to leave.

Zjarr had gone of to the Salji Mountains for a quick hunt. I wished be could at least have stayed until the cold season came from the ocean. I just wanted to see the mountain in their snow coat. It felt like I was leaving for a couple of months, maybe years, instead of days. Then again, Robin never told me how long we would be gone.