The Awakening of the Legend (Chapter 39)

Oh my god!! Oh Tien!! Oh Dragon!! The Dragon Knight; The Awakening of the Legend hit 50.000 reads this morning!!! And almost 400 votes! I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!! =)

Anyway... Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning the sun filled my room, and for a moment I thought it were still the lanterns from last night. I had fallen asleep next to Zjarr, who had curled around me protectively and was still sleeping. At first I only pressed myself closer to Zjarr and try to get some more sleep but after a while I simply couldn’t.

I got up and immediately Zjarr’s golden eyes were fixed on me. She followed me around while I got dressed and fixed my hair up. As beautiful and light the dress from last night was I was glad to be back in leather pants and a linen tunic. By the time I left my room, Zjarr had decided to go back to sleep.

Downstairs, everything was bright by the morning sunlight. On the table stood the vase in which I had put both Robin’s rose and mine; the colors were still a little surprising to me. Last night when I put them in the same vase the white from Robin’s rose seemed to become more brilliant and silvery. Now as I looked at them better the white colors had definitely turned silvery. And even more surprising; the roses seemed to have intertwined, which was very strange in my opinion but I guessed that it probably had to do with the magic of the Goddess.

Also on the table was breakfast. I grabbed a piece of bread and started making tea. I filled up two cups letting them cool down a little before I grabbed some more bread and the cups and headed back upstairs. Zjarr glanced up when I passed my door but I went straight to Robin’s room.

Inside it was just as light as everywhere else in the tree. I put down the tea and the bread before slightly shaking Robin to wake him up. He only slightly opened his eyes before groaning and pulling a pillow over his head. I completely forgot. Quickly I closed the curtains, plunging the room in semi-darkness.

“Try again.” I whispered, knowing that he would hear me just fine but wanting to spare his ears the torture. But he didn’t move so I ripped the pillow away from him. He groaned again but opened his eyes nevertheless. It was still weird seeing him with white hair but I would get used to it soon enough. “Sorry, I totally forgot. Better like this?”

He simply nodded. To be honest; he looked terrible. His clear eyes were bloodshot and he had purple bags under his eyes. It only made me pity him more. I smiled sympathetically and handed him a cup of tea while it was still warm.

“So…” I wasn’t sure of what to say or ask first. “Oberon told me you had too much to drink; how much exactly? They told me it takes a lot to get an elf drunk.”

He winced a little when I didn’t whispered and I felt sorry for him. On the other hand, it was his own fault for drinking too much. “I-I…” He started but his voice sound hoarse so he sipped his tea. “I don’t know.”

“Okay, what do you remember?” I still didn’t whisper.

“The roses, Haizea wanted you to dance, we talked a bit about the prophecy and then you left after Anila appeared. After that it’s fuzzy, I think I remember Haizea being excited about a story but I’m not sure. And could you please not talk so loud.”

“I will if you think a bit harder about why you drunk so much. Did you want to get drunk or something to see what it would be like? Because if that’s the case you could have asked me and I would have told you that it would be pretty bad the next day.” I gave him a smug look because, as bad as I felt for him, I couldn’t help but find it sort of funny.

“I told you; I don’t know. I don’t remember. I don’t remember much.”

“I don’t want an answer now; you have all day to think about it since you will probably stay here and sleep it off. I, on the other hand, have plenty of things planned.”