Chapter 2: Shadowhunter

"Why didn't you tell me she was part of us?" Jace asked her aside when they reached the institute.

"I was sworn a few months ago before my mom died to protect Ashley. She was raised as a Mundane like i was. But she is really smart and talented. I am sure with a bit of training she will be fine." Clary said.

"But why were YOU told?" Jace asked again.

"Only me and Simon know. Mom told us to keep it a secret since she gave her mom the mortal cup to hide it. Now it's still there in her apartment and we need to go find it. Valentine sent his men to attack Ashley's mother since he guessed my mom gave it to her before she died. Ashley's mom was trying to protect Ashley from the Shadow World just like my mom with me for 18years. Now Ashley is 19 but she knows nothing of this world and we need to help her Jace. Forgive me if i couldn't tell you before." Clary sighed.

"It's okay, i now understand." Jace sighed.

"I'm just worried about one thing Jace." Clary said.

He looked at her concerned now.

"What if she's my sister? I think her father died in a car crash was also a lie. Maybe...her father was Valentine." She said.

"Didn't Jocelyn or her mom tell you anything?" Jace asked.

"No, they never mentioned her father to me so...i don't know." Clary said.

"How did she not have the Sight until now?" Jace asked.

"Magnus Bane." Clary said immediately.

"Of course. Both your moms were in the circle, and Valentine fell for both of them and he has you and her as children?" Jace asked.

"I don't know if she is his child as well but im taking her to the Silent Brothers." Clary said.

"Are you crazy!?" Jace said. "She seems less stronger than you, what if she doesn't survive!"

"Don't underestimate her. You never underestimated me last year remember? So im taking a risk with my best friend." Clary said sternly.

"Alright then, I'm coming with you then. I'll have Alec join us." Jace said.

"Don't bother trying to get Izzy and Simon, i know they're going to go ahead of us, running off to Pandemonium." She smiled.

"We can run off after this mission then." He smiled back at her.

"Not to interrupt anything- but what exactly is the plan for now?" Alec appeared out of nowhere.

"Alec, we need you to show Ash around. She's part of us. And she needs to feel welcome. Tell her a few basic things and meet us in 20 minutes at the City of Bones. So we can go to the Silent Brothers to know who her father is." Jace said.

"If we have another child of Valentine i swear to god-" Alec joked.

"You could be a descendant from Valentine yourself." Clary joked back.

"I highly doubt that." Alec laughed as he went back to find Ash.

"I'll see you in a bit. I'm going to get dressed." Clary said.

"I wouldn't mind to see that but I'd rather you surprise me." He winked.

She rolled her eyes at him and smiled as she was walking up to her room to get ready.

She found Izzy playing with her stuff.

"Oh no, i should of guessed you would of wanted my clothes." Clary groaned.

"Says the ex-mundie who would come looking for my clothes last year." Izzy grinned.

"Okay you have a point." Clary laughed.