Chapter 8: Seelie Queen

Ash opened the book and started observing it carefully.

"I have never ever seen this book before." She said.

"Of course, that's why your mother hid it from you." Clary said.

"But it's a really strange book. I don't even understand the language."

"Maybe it's an ancient Shadowhunter language."

"Can I see that?" Jace asked.

"Sure." Ash replied as she handed her brother the book.

He flipped through the pages too, but his mouth twisted.

"Hey, i think i have seen this writing...or language somewhere." He said, knowingly. "Izzy come here for a sec."

"Why me? It's not like i can read different languages-" Izzy stopped and gasped now.

"What???" Jace shrieked.

"IT'S SEELIE WRITING." she said excitingly.

"Then let's go to the Seelie Court." Clary suggested.

"Simon, we need your vampire charm along. At least since...the Seelie Queen likes you." Clary grinned.

"This is ridiculous. Can't someone else go?" Izzy scoffed.

"Don't worry Izzy, I'll make sure your vampire behaves." Jace smiled.

"Wait...im not going?" Izzy looked defensive.

"Again, four of us go. Two of us remain to watch out for our backs." Jace explained.

"I don't see why i should stay. I'll go with Simon and Ash." Izzy said.

"No I'll go instead of you. Or you might kill the Seelie Queen-" Jace argued back.

"Enough. Simon and Izzy didn't go last mission. It's only fair that you and Clary stay here this time." Ash said.

"Well she's fair." Clary smiled.

"So Izzy and Simon go. One more person that could be me-" Jace looked at Ash.

"Actually, that's going to be Alec." she said softly while Alec smiled.

"Ah i see. You saved Alec for yourself didn't you?" Jace grinned.

She glared at Jace now.

"She trusts me more than you Jace, get over it." Alec winked at Jace who rolled his eyes.

"Alright we better get going. Bye Clary. Bye brother." Ash threw Jace a wicked smile as she and the others turned out.

"Well if you look at the bright side...we're now alone." Clary said as Jace smiled.

***

"Can't survive one mission without me, eh?" Alec laughed.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Ash smiled.

"I doubt that, but okay." He smiled back.

"We're here." Izzy said loudly for them all.

"This place is beautiful just as I last saw it." Simon said as he gazed at everything around him.

"Ashley listen. Seelies cannot lie okay. But they can manipulate the truth. Especially the Seelie Queen herself." Izzy said.

"That's quite right, little Shadowhunter." said a voice behind them.

They turned around and suddenly saw an army of Seelies around the throne, guarding the Seelie Queen.

"I'm surprised you know me too well." The Seelie Queen said, her eyes onset on Isabelle.