Chapter 7: Demon Venom

Jace, Clary, Ash and Alec made their way to the mundane city to Ash's abandoned house.

She stopped and looked at it from the outside and realized something.

"The runes.....omg the runes.....i never saw these on the house before. Maybe they got drawn after the attack-" Ash began.

"They were existing a long time ago. I always saw them when i entered your house." Clary said.

"Oh. What are they for anyway?"

"Their purpose was to protect you and your mother from anyone in the Shadow World. I guess they weren't strong enough. And only a warlock could of cast such a strong spell on this house."

"Magnus Bane." Alec said drly.

"Oh please, not everything is about him. It could be that warlock who helped Jocelyn multiple times." Jace said.

"Oh yeah! Dot!" Clary exclaimed. "Did you ever see her around before she...passed away?"

"Wait...Dot is a warlock!? Wow okay. I always thought she was my one of mom's best friends." Ash said with a hurt tone.

"She is. Her and Jocelyn. Dot served as their warlock of protection. And Dot protected both me and you as well. Although she couldn't be there for you a week ago when you were attacked." Clary said sadly.

"Please do not remind me how i found my mom on the ground...when i killed that monster-" Ash had tears forming as Alec got closer to her now.

"Hey. It's going to be okay." He said softly. "Everything will turn out to be fine."

"I hope so." She sighed as they walked into her house.

The sight was very unpleasing. The furniture was everywhere, the place was a mess. There were many items which were broken.

"Everything is...gone and...messed up." She heard herself barely say as she walked in to the books room.

"Thank god the books are still here. They're messed up but...im sure the cup is still here." She said.

"Wait. How do you know WHICH book it will be?" Clary asked.

"Easy. Search for anything that is ancient. She always read about vampires, werewolves and stuff. It has got to be in those." She said.

They spent an hour trying to find the right book but it was no use. They started to give up. Clary and Jace had stopped now, Alec was barely searching now as Ash looked at them.

"We can't stop now. We reached all of this and now you guys are done?" Ash said, her tone full of dissapointment.

"Listen Ash, think. Maybe she gave the book to someone. I highly doubt she would of kept the book over here in the open air." Jace argued.

"I agree with Jace. Maybe it's with one of her warlock friends-" Clary began as Alec gasped suddenly.

He figured out a small hatch existed underneath the large bookshelf.

"What's this?" Ash looked shocked.

"This. Is a secret hiding place, well at least for items. I bet your mom hid the cup here. Not in a book as you thought." Alec said as he reached his hand down the hatch to see if he found something.

"Careful Alec...maybe there's something down there..." Ash looked worried.

As he was grabbing something and pulled it out, something appeared behind them which screamed at them.

"CLARY!" Jace pushed her as the demon tried to attack her.

"JACE! WATCH OUT!" Clary now shrieked as they both stood trying to fight the demon.