Chapter 5: Love in Pandemonium

Alec had made them wait for a bit as he went back to dress a bit more casually. He wore a killer black outfit and fixed his hair a little for the party look.

"Big bro is finally getting some style." Izzy smiled as Alec rolled his eyes.

Clary caught a glimpse of the secret room and they all entered it.

Inside they found Magnus with Camille, drinking and laughing.
Alec held a breath and Jace immediately looked at him to stay put.

"Shadowhunters. How i have missed you. What brings you here?" Magnus said, having a small glimpse at Alec.

"You signed Ashley Wayfair's mind." Clary said.

"Ashley Wayland." Jace corrected her.

"I indeed did. It was also for a protection and whatever." Magnus rolled his eyes lamely as Camille noticed Ashley now.

"Ashley-" Camille's voice almost cracked.

"Honestly im not surprised that he's your type." Ashley said dryly.

"What's this. Do i not know something?" Magnus asked Camille.

"Oh, she was just my ex. Nothing really important now." Ashley said as she glared at Camille, who looked away in shame.

"I always thought you were straight. So you're bi." Magnus looked at her amused.

"I am." Camille said slowly.

"Well then, i can't dissapoint my lover's ex. What do you need exactly?" Magnus asked looking at her, while noticing Alec coming closer to them.

"I want you to tell me why Valentine threatened to kill my mom while she was pregnant with me if she didn't let Jace go."

"Alright. I'll tell you everything you need...alone." he looked at the rest as they were leaving, but Alec stood where he was.

"I think i said alone, Alexander." Magnus said softly, pausing slightly before saying his name.

"I'm afraid I'm not going anywhere. If she's here, then im here too." He said dryly.

The rest were amazed at Alec's self-esteem and hurried out.

***

"Them four inside are very messed up. They all know each other. And it's way too much tension. Thank god im out." Jace sighed.

"I hope Alec knows what he is doing." Clary said.

***

"If that's the way you want it to be, then let it be." Magnus said dryly.

"Enough about whatever we all had in the past. Now i want to know what Valentine's relationship is with my mom." Ashley said hastily.

"Your mother was part of the circle. She fled with Jocelyn to the Mundane world when the Uprising occured. Luke also followed them. Valentine married Clary's mom but, he was also interested in your mother. He....he raped her and it was all because she wanted Michael Wayland. He killed Michael as revenge and then Jocelyn and her fled out. You are not his daughter though. She was pregnant with you as he did so. Jace was taken by Maryse Lightwood from Jocelyn. Maryse doesn't know the full complete story but this is all what i know. Valentine was a sick and mentally ill man. He pleased nobody but himself. He moved on from Jocelyn since he found out she had a secret relationship with Luke, his parabatai. Now he threatened to kill Jace only because he did not know she was pregnant with you, and he thought if he threatened her, she would marry him out of fear." Magnus said.

Camille and Alec looked shocked at what Magnus said. Ashley however just stood there, stunned at first.

"WHAT TYPE OF PSYCHOPATH IS VALENTINE!?" Ashley shouted.