02

The sun began setting and many kids came and went from the daycare. You, of course, stayed. You always stayed until closing time.

"Look what I got you, friend!" Sun said as he approached you, holding a plastic cup with Chica's face printed on to it.

"It has Fizzy Faz in it!" Sun knelt down and whispered "Don't tell anybody I'm giving you soda after 12."

You giggled softly and took the soda from his hand. You sipped the sweet goodness of the Fizzy Faz from the pink bendy straw.

"Thank you. It's so good." You said as you continued drinking your sweet soda.

"Hey! When you're done with that, wanna play hide and seek?" Sun asked as he swayed side to side with excitement.

You eagerly nodded your head as he said "I'll count! You hide!"

You finished your soda and your little body was fueled with energy. You ran around the play structure, occasionally running into another kid and getting knocked over.

You giggled as you heard Sun count from thirty. You decided to hide inside the large play structure. It was like a maze in there, so you assumed it might be difficult for Sun to find you.

"Ready or not, here I come!" Sun exclaimed as you heard his footsteps run around.

You tried to suppress your giggles of excitement as he waltzed around, calling out your name, wondering where you went.

After what seemed like forever, Sun finally found you hiding in the play structure.

You laughed as he said "There you are, silly!"

He pulled you out and lifted you high above his head while twirling your around. It just made you laugh even more.

"Sun!" The manager of the Daycare said as she stood at the entrance, something odd lingering in her eyes.

Sun placed you down and waltzed happily towards the manager. You couldn't make out what the manager was telling him, it seemed she was purposely being quiet about what she was telling him.

When she walked away and closed the gates behind her, Sun walked up to you and rubbed the top of his head, as if he wanted to say something but didn't know how.

"So... Y/n... your grandma won't be picking you up like she planned." He said before crouching down and taking your hands gently into his.

"Something... happened. Your grandma is in the hospital. But don't worry, friend! Your grandma will be okay." He said as he picked you up.

He threw you in the air before catching you. He now was holding you bridal styled.

"W-what happened to my grandma?" You asked as you laid in his arms, looking up at his wide grin with confusion and fear.

"She got into an accident, my friend. The doctors will fix her up though so, oh... no! Don't cry!" Sun said as he noticed you started sobbing in his arms, clutching so tightly to your Chica plush that your knuckles started turning white.

"No...no. Don't cry, please!" He begged as he started rocking you back in forth.

"Everything will be okay. Do you want your puppet? Want more Chica plushies? Fizzy Faz? Pizza? Tell me what will make you feel better!" He panicked. He didn't know it, but his panic made things worse for you.

"P-put me down!" You sobbed. Sun did as he was told.

You cried uncontrollably on the floor and remaining staff rushed to help you, telling Sun to go take care of the other kids.

You were taken into the managers office as the the Pizzaplex began to close, no sign of anybody picking you up.

The manager tried calling your brother, but he wouldn't pick up. You started growing more and more concerned and frantic.

First, your grandma gets into an "accident," whatever that means, and now your brother won't answer.

As the manager and Daycare staff conversed with each other on what to do with you, you sneakily tiptoed past them in hopes of entering the daycare again.

You were scared and needed somebody to reassure you. And who else but Sun can give you the reassurance you needed?

You used all your child might to push open the big, brown gates to the play structure. You finally were able to budge the doors open just enough for you to squeeze in between.

You ran towards Sun's platform, holding on to your Chica plush, tears in your eyes:

"Sun!" You cried out when you noticed he wasn't around.

The daycare was empty, since the Pizzaplex was was closed. It was dimly lit, a large spotlight on Sun's platform.

You cried out again. "Sun!!"

He peaked from the corner of the red curtain draped over the entrance to his platform.

"Y/n? What are you doing here? It's time for you to go home! The Daycare is closed!" He exclaimed before jumping down into the ball pit.

You sniffled as you watched Sun approach you. "You're still crying? Did your mom or dad not show up?" He asked as he picked you up in his long arms.

"I don't know what happened to my grandma and James isn't picking up the phone! I'm scared." You sobbed. You've been crying for so long, you wondered if you'd run out of tears.

You heard the sound of the big gate creak open, and the sound of the managers voice calling out your name.

"Sun! I don't want to go with them! Please, take me with you. I don't want to go home." You said softly with panic.

He put you down and crouched down to your level and put his hand on your small head.

"I can't take you up with me. I'll get punished! Why don't you want to go home?" He asked.

You were hesitant to tell him. After all, you were threatened with violence by your father if you ever told a soul what he did to you and your family.

"Don't be shy." He said.

"Dad hits us." You said softly.

Sun stood up and stayed silent. There was an odd aura in the room. You couldn't tell what Sun was feeling since he always had that large grin on his face. The atmosphere made you all the more petrified.

Sun quickly scooped you up and as he was attached to the wire that hung from the ceiling, the two of you quickly were pulled upwards and you held tightly to his slender, steel cold torso.

He landed gently on the platform and said "You're going to stay here with me from now on."

You smiled. "Can I stay here with you forever?" You asked, tear-filled eyes.

He softly booped your nose and said "Forever."

You giggled as he walked towards the opening in the wall where Sun often resided during the closed hours.