11

"Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows

Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when we're together

Brighter than a lucky penny

When you're near the rain goes, disappears, dear

And I feel so fine

Just to know that you are mine."

Lesley Gore plays loud in the daycare as you watch from above.

"My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows

That's how this refrain goes

So come on, join in, everybody."

You watched from behind the curtain as Sun sang along with the children.

You longed to be apart of the group. To dance and sing like a normal child.

You love being with Sun, but you wanted to have a normal life. You were sick of spending your days up in Sun and Moon's bedroom. Sick of watching kids have fun without you.

But the last time you snuck out of the daycare to have some fun, you had gotten what you deserved.

Your friend almost killed. You shouldn't play into your frivolous, childish needs or you'll get hurt. Or even worse, others will get hurt at your expense.

"Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows

Everything that's wonderful is sure to come your way

When you're in love to stay."

You doubted Gregory would return after the incident with Moon.

At the end of the day, the kids ceased from the daycare and Sun noticed your sheer boredom and offered to take you down into the play structure.

He wanted to play House with you until it was time for the power to be turned off.

You found it quite odd how he played the Daddy and he didn't try to hurt you. Daddies hurt people.

He wasn't a very accurate representation of a Daddy.

"Sun," You asked as you sat at the entrance to a little playhouse.

"Yes, sunshine?"

"In my house, daddies hurt mommy and brother. Why aren't you hurting me if you're the daddy?" You asked, genuinely confused at his portrayal of fatherhood.

"S-sunshine..." He stammered. He knew of your broken home life and that you've never had a normal one.

"Daddies never hurt people. You just had a bad daddy. He isn't even a daddy." Sun said as he ruffled your hair.

"Then what do daddies do?" You asked in a small voice.

"I'll show you!" He exclaimed before picking you up and saying "Daddies shower their little girls with love and affection."