11 First Human Thief Was Caught

When the food arrived, my nostrils flared over the hot, delicate aromas that floated in the air. Instantly my mouth salivated, and when I dug my fork into the nearest unknown vegetable, with a dark, red plum sauce dripping off it, and placed it into my mouth, I had to stop myself from yelling in amazement.

Trying to slow my eating down as I may have appeared ravenous, I took my time to savour each mouthful and was very sated soon after. I wasn't particularly hungry, yet my stomach seemed quite happy it was full. And not only that, I wasn't in any discomfort. Perhaps if I stuck to vegetables, and not meat and less salt, I may just get by these two months without using so many tablets.

"Well, that was a nice dish; I'll have to remember that one," Ryan burped as we left the Thai restaurant half an hour later. Ryan was kind enough to pay for my meal. I did offer, however, Ryan said I did not bring enough money with me. Food clearly is expensive on earth, and especially it seems at a restaurant. "Now, where does anyone want to go?"

Rachel shrugged as she played on her phone again. "Don't mind. Listen, how long do you two want to stay out in town?"

Ryan began to have an animated chat with his sister when I heard a commotion behind me. Turning, I saw a man running through a strange stone marquee called the Poultry Cross. In his arms, he was carrying a black bag. "Someone, please, stop him! He's stolen my bag!" A woman screamed as she came around a corner, tears spilling from her eyes. Marking where he would be from the speed, he was running and the length of his strides, I took a quick running jump and, landing right in front of him, punched him in the face. The man flew back, unable to even dodge my attack and fell to the ground, unconscious.

The lady's bag went flying to the left, and within a few paces, I picked it up as she hurried over towards me, panting out of breath. "Oh my God, thank you so much. I cannot believe what you did." Still panting, she dug her hand into her bag and pulled out a small blue 'L' shaped tube. Sticking one end in her mouth, she pressed the top and inhaled. Exhaling, she smiled. "Bastard could have killed me without this."

A few people came from a crowd that was surrounding the man, who was still out cold on the floor and checked to see if the man was alright. "He's breathing. I think he's just unconscious," a man explained. "Can someone call an ambulance and the police?"

"Already doing it!" Another man said with a phone stuck to his ear.

My arm was grabbed, and I found Ryan leading me away. "What the hell did you just do?" His eyes were wide, and were staring between the man on the floor and me. The woman whose bag I had retrieved was talking to anyone who would listen. "Hey, Quinta, what the hell, dude?"

Ryan's tone of voice sounded angry and surprised. The last one I possibly could understand but anger? I did not understand nor warrant that emotion from helping someone. "I got that woman's bag back. Someone was stealing it. According to the rules of society, stealing is against the law."

Ryan made a strange gesture where he grabbed his hair, and glanced skywards. "You jumped over thirty feet away in the air! What the hell? Are you some sort of superhuman or something?" He hissed, still leading me away as people began to point and stare at us.

"No." I shrugged him off. "I'm fast at running, and I have powerful legs. I explained this to you today at the bus stop. Do you not remember?"

"Yeah, but-"

Behind me, I heard "that boy over there" and got the impression that perhaps I should quickly move away. "Let's go somewhere else. I appear to have caused a scene, and that was not my intention."