Chapter 45 The Council of Ten

I paced back and forth in my cell, still looking like a human. No one bothered to turn me back to normal. All of my tech was taken off me, and I ditch my cloaking clothes. They already knew they had caught me. My connection to Aia was severed, and I was even refused food.

My cell was made of pure white energy, mixed in with a bit of forcefield so no one could get in or out. I had a bench to sit on, but that was it. I was in a very bad position, and I had no idea if Ryan and Rachel made it back home.

"Oh, this is a disaster," I said to myself. "I know you are watching me," I said out loud. I had roughly been here for a few hours if I could guess. I felt tired; I needed sleep. "Please put me out of my misery. Let me know if the humans are safe. That's all I care about. Is Rachel safe?"

Silence.

I didn't expect them to grant my request. I was in big trouble if they managed to capture me so easily. The fact that they knew I was on board a Fw'iun ship made me think that perhaps Braxby had something to do with it. Maybe he was a double agent.

Lying back on the bench, I stared up at the white void which was the ceiling and, closing my eyes, decided if I at least got a couple of hours of sleep, I might feel a bit less weary when I woke.

However, I was roughly woken by a screeching sound in my head. My eyes flung open, and I saw a familiar face staring at me on the other side of the cell door. I stood and stared at him. "A double agent?" I asked.

Braxby nodded. Dressed in officer uniform, I saw two marks on his shirt. He was a first lieutenant. "You guess correctly, kid."

"Your home where I found the Y'umaird, a fake house?" He nodded. "So, your wife?"

Braxby's eyes dropped down, "She is human, and her mind is addled. This mission I was on was to prove my loyalty to the Rtheeth cause. Once complete, they promise they will heal her."

I didn't want to ask what his mission was. But I figured I had something to do with it, either that, or I was getting in his way. "I hope your mission becomes a success," was all I said.

"I'm here to escort you to the courts," he said officially. He waved his hand, and the door vanished.

"Are you able to tell me if the humans have returned to earth?" I asked.

Braxby sighed, "I cannot. Please hold out your hands." I did as he asked. Gwep metal slithered around my hands, which then latched onto my waist and went up to my neck and down to my feet. I clearly wasn't going anywhere.

Braxby had no need to pull me as I willingly went with him. The prison on board a ship only had one cell. And being its only occupant, it made me uncomfortable knowing that Rachel and Ryan weren't here. I had tried and failed to contact Aia several times, but she was clearly out of range, which gave me the impression she and Ryan had made it back to earth. Although, if Braxby had informed the council that Ryan and Rachel were involved in this mix-up with the Fw'iun, then they may not be on earth, which worried me.

The ship I was on, looked like my own, yet I'm glad it wasn't. I couldn't face the shame of seeing my crew, watching their shame of me as I was marched through the corridors. Really, I was unsure which ship I was on. No one had bothered to tell me. But then again, I guess it wasn't all that important.

When we left the prison, I was shocked to see a line of guards, all with U'sids pointing at me. "Easy," Braxby said. "He's not dangerous."

Standing tall, I followed Braxby down the bland, grey-panelled corridor, the U'sids following me like angry one-eyed demons, ready to shoot if I made a move. I turned to the officers walking behind me, side by side. I knew what I did was serious but...