15 A Plan Forms. I need Plutonium.

On the roof, I angled it from where there may be cover for someone from my race would take advantage of and hid the lens under a roof tile. I activated it, and through the wi-fi and my unlimited power source, the camera was up and operational. And one thing I neglected to tell them, each of the cameras scanned the house for anyone like me. I couldn't be lapse in my security. After all, my father owned one of my planet's largest security businesses for our home world and two other planets. I was no fool, and I hoped that if there was an Fw'iun who dared come near this family, they would be dealt with swiftly.

Finishing the two other cameras, which one I hid in a birds' nest above Lori and Ronnie's bedroom window and the other I placed along a branch that overlooked Ryan's window and by the front door. There was a large radius of security, but I knew I could still do more. Each camera was patched into my scanner, but perhaps tomorrow, I could go into town to get more components I could use to scramble Fw'iun tech. It was slightly different from ours. They were more secretive and used a D'erun energy which wasn't too difficult to detect if I used my own energy from my tech. If I used more of my own home tech, it would definitely be picked up by the Fw'iun and also humans. It would be detected as a high energy source which wasn't good. I'd have to have a think.

"Do you guys have a satellite dish anywhere near here? I mean a large one, larger than ones on the ends of houses." We were sitting back in Ryan's room, which would be my base of operations and monitored all of the new cameras that I'd synced up to my communicator.

"I think the university does. Why?" Rachel asked. "Oh crap, are you going to do an E.T. and phone home?"

"What?" I asked, confused, "No, I'm not phoning home. I want to use it to scramble any Fw'iun tech that may be within..." I did a quick calculation, "within fifty miles radius."

Ryan paled. "Um, that may be tricky to get to. It's within the compound of the uni, and there are cameras and-"

"That's not a problem. I need to get there tonight. If you point me in the direction, I'll go as soon as your parents have gone to bed."

"What?" Rachel and Ryan asked together. It was interesting when they did this. "You can't do that," Ryan continued. "That dish is really expensive."

I rolled my eyes, it was a human thing to do, but it made me get my point across when I added, "I'm not going to break it. I'm just going to hack it briefly, and then I'm done with it. It's an added security, that's all."

Ryan gestured outside. "Quinta, you have four cameras already. Isn't that enough?"

"No, not nearly enough." Bringing out my scanner, I showed him what the cameras do. "This is how far they scan anyone like me. See that red dot; that's me. But there could be more outside of this circumference. I need contingency plans and backup plans behind backup plans. The Fw'iun, they never stop until they finish what they started. They are very dangerous. I have to protect you all. The more space I can monitor, the safer you'll be."

"I'll go with you," Ryan said, and I instantly shut him down with a look, but he shook his head. "No, I need to go with you. I want to help you. I don't know how I can, but I'm not a pussy. I don't back out with shit like this. If I can help protect my family too, please let me come. I can take my bike."

It really wasn't a good idea, but Ryan must know the university and how to get there, which would be slightly helpful. I agreed but only if he listened to everything I said.

"Oh, you are such an idiot, Ry," Rachel hugged him around the neck. "But I hope you both come back okay. Quinta, please look out for him."

"Of course," I smiled. In the distance, I heard a car drive towards the house. "I think your father is coming back. Rachel, I want you to have something." Digging into my bag, I gave her something that Rtheeths should never, ever give a human. An instant re-location device. "You must use this only if you and your family are in grave danger, do you understand?" She nodded. "You press this red button once and ensure that all of your family are holding hands before pressing it a second time."