O N E

- THE BRIEFCASE -

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Whoever came up with the phrase, 'The Great Outdoors', must've been half out of their wits. The outdoors were far from great, and some genius decided it would be the perfect place to eat lunch. You'd think a mind from Midtown Science High School would have a bit more of common sense considering the level of intelligence the school possessed.

Alas, Elizabeth stood right outside the front doors of the school, looking over the crowd of kids in the courtyard eating their lunch and simultaneously swatting away flies. Sure nature was nice in the right setting, but when you've got food involved, the two just don't mix.

Liz looked over the teens of the school with a scowl, lunch bag in hand as she started her way towards an empty table. But of course, her good friend Peter was being a borderline stalker with his camera pointed at the poor blonde girl who's caught his eye.

"Y'know, most people consider taking pictures of people without them knowing, is quite creepy." Liz's voice caused Peter to jump, whipping his head in her direction as she gave him a mocking smile.

He shrugged, shaking his head in disagreement even though he'd just been caught redhanded. "Uh—I've got a school project—"

"For what class? 'How to be a stalker 101'?" She chuckled at her own joke, starting down the steps and to a picnic table, but Peter didn't have a chance to reply as everyone started chanting.

"Eat it! Eat it! Eat it!" Liz and Peter shared a look before approaching the growing crowd of students, a circle having been made that they only now took notice of.

They squeezed their way to the front, Liz shaking her head in dismay at the sight of Flash Thompson holding a poor kid upside down and shoving his face in a tray of his own lunch. "Eat your vegetables, Gordon. Come on!"

In the midst of his unnecessary antics, Flash looked up to find Peter, his smile widening sinisterly. "Hey, Parker, come on. Get a picture of this."

"No, I'm not gonna take a picture. Put him down, man." Peter tilted his head and gave the boy a look. "Come on, Gordon. Don't eat it."

"Take the picture." Flash chuckled, looking around at all the students who kept egging him on.

"Put him down, Flash." Peter tried again, this time firmer.

Peter's tone was nothing but a joke to Flash, the boy paying no mind to his words and instead repeating himself with Gordon still raised over his tray. "Take the picture."

Peter shook his head, thinking for a split second the idea coming to his mind was stupid, but the poor kid raised in the air had had enough and he was fed up with the boy instigating such behavior. "Put him down...Eugene!"

Liz's eyes widened much like most of the other students, 'ooh's' and 'aah's' exchanged amongst them all as Flash's face dropped and he threw Gordon to the side like a rag doll.

Peter stepped forward to help the poor kid but no sooner had he been punched right in the cheek by Flash's strong fist.

"Come on! Get up, Parker!" Flash taunted as he stood above him, the boy in question getting to his feet unsteadily and stepping towards him only to get punched in the gut and sent right back to the ground. "Get up! Come on!"

"Still not taking the picture." Peter groaned as he held his hand to his stomach, a bruise of black and blue sure to coat his skin.

Liz watched the fight in disdain with a wince etching it's way to her features at the sound of her friend quite clearly in pain. Even though this was her best friend being beaten up for no reason at all, she wasn't one for confrontation and the thought of standing up to Flash was one she felt the utmost discomfort in.