E I G H T

- WHAT IF? -

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

You'd think chairs in the waiting room of a hospital would be a lot more comfortable than they were considering how many people sat on them and how long some stayed. Liz would petition for it at this point.

The nurses probably hated her, the girl constantly asking any and every one that passed about how her brother was doing, the last thing she heard was his ankle was worse than they'd thought. And they just left it at that expecting her not to panic.

On her thirty-eighth attempt to get some news on her brother, the nurse she stopped was one she'd met three time before, the woman having tried to sneak past but Liz was quick to interfere. Mind you, she's only been waiting for just under a single hour.

That nurse was no help whatsoever, Liz finally taking notice of their bummed out sighs or rolling eyes when she approached and she instantly felt overly embarrassed. She just wished she was a little bit more self aware.

Ten minutes later and she was pacing back and forth finding less than zero comfort in the chairs set neatly in a line, her hands rubbing together anxiously as she waited for anything.

"Liz!"

She lifted her head as Peter came running through the front doors, having dropped them off here earlier but obviously had to change out of his suit before stepping foot in here as Peter Parker.

"Hey, how's he doing? Is he okay?" He walked up to her worriedly, looking around for a nurse having the same idea of interrogation as the girl in front of him did.

"I have no idea and they won't tell me anything." She combed her hands through her already snarly hair, her red locks practically a mess atop her head from the running and frantic happenings of earlier that evening.

Peter sighed, not sure what to do and wondering where the hell all the nurses went. He looked over his friend as she tugged on the rubber band around her wrist, snapping it against her skin and wincing at the slight sting. He never understood why she did that because it looked like it hurt.

"Stop doing that to yourself." Peter grabbed her forearm and pulled the rubber band from her wrist, a red mark there from countless times of snapping it against her poor skin.

"Hey, it's a coping mechanism!" She argued, trying to reach for it, but Peter was able to keep it away from her with ease having enhanced abilities and what not.

She huffed and gave him a look, Peter holding back a laugh. "It's not fair that you get to use your weird 'Peter abilities'." She whispered as she nudged his shoulder harshly, the boy not budging from his spot causing her to roll her eyes in annoyance and take a seat at one of the stupid chairs.

"I'm trying to protect your wrist." He assured as he slid the rubber band onto his own hand, furrowing his brows at the discomfort it brought. "Does this not murder your circulation?"

"Your wrist is a lot bigger than mine." She said as he sat beside her, the girl looking between his face and the rubber band.

In an attempt to be sneaky, she slowly moved her arm towards his wrist. This only led to Peter quickly grabbing her arm again to stop her, Liz dramatically letting her head fall against the wall in defeat.