E L E V E N

- WHEN SHIT HITS THE FAN -

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

     Waking up the next morning was nothing short of a chore. After Peter was finally able to convince Elizabeth to leave her house, he'd taken her to the roof of a clock tower downtown, making sure not to go too far because she hated swinging with every fiber of her being.

     Long story short, the two teens were gone for a couple hours, the time together seeming to cheer them both up after an eventful day leading up to an emotional night.

     Now, half-dead Liz walked down the stairs of the old townhouse with her backpack slung across her shoulder, her steps hasty with means to avoid her mother.

     She was a shit out of luck, the woman pacing around the kitchen looking to be in search of something.

     "Damnit." Molly cursed under her breath, fastening her hair into a ponytail as she was on the hunt for her apron.

     Liz thought about stopping to help seeing as she knew exactly where the apron was. But then again, she didn't even want to look at the woman, let alone help her with her problems.

     Before she could rush out the door, Molly called after her just as her hand reached the doorknob.

     "Elizabeth, thank God! I lost my apron again." She chuckled, walking right past her and searching the couch cushions.

     "I need to go to school." Liz stated monotonously, not daring to lift her gaze from the door as the woman stopped her shuffling and stared at her.

     Molly may have been completely wasted last night, but she remembered the look in her daughter's eyes as she yelled at and belittled her.

     "Liz, sweetheart—" She started towards her, hands raised as a form of innocence, but Liz would in turn back away, wincing from the closing in on her proximity.

     "I'm going to school." Without another word, Liz was out the door where Peter stood in wait to walk her to school.

     He smiled, the girl offering a small grin as she grabbed his outstretched hand, hoping he'd figure out some way to cheer her up. Although, that was normally quite easy for him.

❏❐❑❒

     "But it was the city at night. You can't say you didn't enjoy it." Peter leaned against the locker beside Liz's, waiting for her to retrieve her books for the day all the while trying to convince her their date was one for the books.

     "I didn't say I didn't enjoy it, I said you're gonna have to start planning dates that aren't a hundred feet off the ground and preferably someplace we don't have to swing to." Liz explained slowly to make sure he understood, only receiving a joking glare.

     "But there were candles." Peter pleaded.

     "Fake ones."

     "And music."

     "The two old people yelling across the street at each other does not count as music."