♪ THOMA ♪

MODERN AU

MODERN AU

Y/N sat down on the edge of her bed anxiously waiting for the text message from Thoma or a phone call.  Unfortunately Y/N lives in Mondstadt and Thoma lives in the other side of the world which is located in Inazuma. Therefore It had been difficult trying to get a hold of each other.

The two made a promise to one another than not even distance in this world can separate them, and so far things have been well for the two of them. One year is almost passing and occasionally they would visit one another.

"I wonder what he's doing right now." Y/N puffs her cheeks. "I miss him...a lot."

Y/N slides her phone to unlock it and started playing games while waiting, suddenly while playing her phone started to ring. A smile appeared on her face as she noticed the name that popped out in the screen. In front flashing was their photo together that they took in Inazuma for Y/N's vacation trip.

"Hello." Y/N greets with a soft endearing smile. "How was your day?"

"Y/N!" Thoma screams as he beamed right away. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too love."

"O-Oh! Wait let me just adjust my phone so you can see me better."

"As you should, I'd like to see my handsome boyfriend after all."

"H-Handsome...Right." Thoma laughs nervously. "I'm not that good looking darling."

"Whatever makes you sleep at night Thoma."

"O-Oh right! I recently got a part time job."

"Oh? Really? That's great to hear darling."

"Yeah recently Ayato opened a Bobba shop here and I've been part timing there while going to my university."

"You sure you can handle all that work?"

"Yeah my shift is only three hours a day and I work every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's not much honestly. How about you Y/N? What have you been up to?"

"Still working in the Cat's Tails with Diona. It's been well though, no biggies."

"That's great to hear, any troubles I should be aware of?" Thoma rose a brow.

"None...so far." Y/N chuckles. "Enough of that It's not like me to cause trouble these days anyway."

"That's some positive words I'm hearing right now Y/N." Thoma laughs. "I'm visiting soon by the way."

"Oh?"

"Yep, I figured it would be good to take a stroll back home and stay with you for a couple of days anyway break is coming near and I need to find a way to spend it other than work."

"Damn, miss me that much love?"

"You have no idea." Thoma laughs.

Y/N giggles along with him while chatting Y/N noticed that her wires were starting to tangle so she got up from her bed and started fixing it. Whilst this was happening Thoma was getting the back view of Y/N.

"Y-Y/N don't you think you should turn your camera off? Ha-ha." Thoma chuckles nervously.

"Why? Don't like the view?" Y/N asked still scavenging around the wires. "My sweet boyfriend, I am hurt."

"N-No! It's not like that. I just didn't want to be you know p-perv."

"You can be a pervert all you want though." Y/N snickers as she turned her head to give her boyfriend a wink. "You're my boyfriend, feel free to stare."

"U-Uh, I think I'll just turn around." Thoma turns his chair around.

On his side Thoma was blushing madly as he buried his face on his palms. Every time this happens he can't help but look away in fear it's not fully consented. Oxytocin was running throughout his body as he opens his mouth to ask the following question.

"You alright there Y/N?" Thoma asked.

"You can look now." Y/N jokes around.

The moment Thoma turns around Y/N is sitting in a way where her thighs are highlighted. Thoma immediately jumps up from his chair as he turns around frantically.

"Y-Y/N!" Thoma calls out.

"You're such a baby, we've been together for almost a year. You should be more comfortable love."

"B-But is it alright to actually look?"

"Yes Thoma it is." Y/N reassures. "No one is here to cancel you in twitter."

"But a true gentleman would never—---"

"I know you'd say that, but that's when consent comes in darling." Y/N reminds. "Now look at me."

Thoma slowly turns around as he stares at his beautiful girlfriend. A sigh comes out from his mouth as he felt slightly relieved, just a bit of a problem though. He's feeling somewhat hot and his other buddy seems to be awake. Bashful of this situation he covers his mouth in attempt to hide the embarrassment.

"Save yourself from the embarrassment, It's all goods Thoma." Y/N shrugs. "Let's play some music, I got a bit of work load for Statistics and Probability."

"Oh alright, I'll play some Joji songs in the background."

"Got it." Y/N does a finger pose where it signals an okay. "Let's get to work!"

For the mean time while the two were working on the last pieces they have for their university, the music that played echoed their rooms. Y/N just couldn't help but be stuck at this one problem though, even though she already tried going to YouTube, It still wouldn't click.

"Thoma." Y/N calls. "I'm having a hard time at this question, may I get some help?"

"No problem, send me a picture of it through Instagram and I'll explain it to you." Thoma smiles as he taps the edge of the pencil on the side of his head.

Y/N took her tablet as she placed it in frame with the item that needed to be answered. One click and she sent the shot to Thoma's instagram. She giggles as she saw Thoma's username

notsingle_thomato

"Your username here is funny." Y/N comments.

"Just gotta make sure all the other ladies that approaches me are aware."

"I guess that's your greenest flag."

"Alright so I see the problem here, just substitute the numbers provided above the table to the corresponding x and y, and then you'll just divide them." Thoma answers. "Did that make sense?"

"That made more sense than the 10 minute video I just watched." Y/N facepalms. "Thanks sweetie."

"Anything for you princess." Thoma smiles. "Oh by the way I sent some Mochi going there, I think they're suppose to arrive today."

"Huh? When did you send?"

"A week ago. I know how much you love mochi so I bought some." Thoma scratches the back of his head. "I hope you like them."

"I-I...I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE MY BOYFRIEND!" Y/N screams in joy.

The two continued chatting about their plans after their university. Distance isn't what makes people drift apart, It's the people themselves. Thoma is just glad Y/N's relationship with him keeps improving as months go on, although It's not perfect, he believes it is his, and the efforts the both of them makes is enough to say that it is above the bare minimum.