Partay | Sophie

Biana has her hands on her hips. "SOPHIE!" she yells. "I'm not letting you out of the house until you get a decent dress and some makeup on."

I groan, slinking away. "Biana, why do I have to do this? Isn't what I'm wearing enough?" I whine, gesturing to my simple attire: T-shirt, shorts.

Biana gasps, staring at me. "Enough? Enough? Sophie, nothing is ever enough! You need to look your best if you what to impress my brother, after all." She wiggles her eyebrows at me, and I blush. I have no choice but to let her force me into wearing that golden eyeliner after all and a midnight blue dress with so many buttons I wonder how I'm ever going to get out of it later. Plus, a pair of black, sparkly heels so terrifyingly, horrifyingly tall that I know it's impossible not to trip.

Sophie's outfit:

Finally, I let Biana drag me down the stairs of my house two at a time until it's all I can do not to land on my face

Yeah, it's going to be a long night. Especially if Biana's here to annoy the heck out of me.

____________________

"Hey, guys!" Fitz greets with one of his blindingly perfects smiles when he opens the door to see us. I'm at the party he invited me to, and Tam, Linh, Marella and Dex are also going to be here. Probably Keefe too. 

Let's not forgot Sass Queen Biana, of course.

I just hope the night can end peacefully without any pranks from Keefe. Actually, who am I kidding? I'd be lucky if it ended with one prank. Fitz sent out the picture of his failed April Fools' prank yesterday night, and I'm not exaggerating when I say I snorted milk out of my nose when I saw it.

Fitz opens the door wider, inviting Biana and me to step in, so I do. Immediately, I hear a holler from one of the corners. "HEY DIZZNEE, FOSTER'S HERE!" Keefe jogs up to me, looking slightly stunned when he sees me, and I wonder if it's because I put on too much makeup. Then his trademark smirk is back on and he's linking his arm through mine. I think I hear Biana squeal softly, and I vow to kill her later.

"Well, let's get this partay started, shall we?" Keefe pumps his fist in the air, and both Dex and Fitz laugh. I can see Tam and Marella hanging out in a corner, while Biana's holding Dex's hand. I smile, but then a pang of jealousy ripples through me. 

When will my soulmate come?

I suddenly realise my hand is still in Keefe's, and he's looking at me. "Uh..." I say, wondering why he's looking at me like that, "Want to grab some food?" I jab my finger over to the counter where there's piles and piles of dessert. Just the sight of the chocolate cake makes my mouth water.

Keefe brightens. "You should have asked sooner." I laugh as he drags me over to the counter.

"Hey, Keefe!" Dex calls. "Check this out!" He starts to say something, ad Keefe hurries over, leaving me alone.

Just then, Fitz walks over, and I'm in awe when I see his hair and his teal eyes and his impeccable smile.

"Hey, Sophie. I, uh, wanted to show you something." I raise a eyebrow in curiosity as he takes me by the hand (oh my gosh, by the hand) and leads me to the back of his ginormous house.

When I emerge, there's a secluded meadow with an eave, casting a shadow over the still pond in the middle. I gasp - it's beautiful. 

"Wow, Fitz," I breathe. "It's...amazing."

He smiles, but this one is softer and makes my heart beat faster. Especially when he leans in, and I can feel his breath tickling my face. His sparkling teal eyes search me; they're amazing in the dim moonlight.

The next thing I know, his hands are snaking around my waist slowly, and I think I've lost the ability to, like, breathe. "Sophie..." he whispers. "I need to know something."

"Anything," I say softly.

"Are you and Keefe dating?"

I'm surprised by the question, but his face is so close..."No."

I see a soft smile flicker across his face, then all I know is his lips are against mine and I kiss back, reveling in the knowledge that things have changed.

____________________

A/N: For all those Sokeefe shippers out there, I seriously, sincerely apologise and also beg you not to kill me. Because I swear, I just need some drama in this fanifc! (Really, I swear Sokeefe will happen eventually. In the meantime, don't kill me. Please.)