17 | weather forecast (keefe)

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

A/N: wow. we're literally at  3.3k freaking reads. ty guys sm!

ik I said I'd post a chapter during my one week break, but uh...*koff*. yeah. I'm so sorry, but I mean, ig this chapter makes up for it...?

also, if you didn't know, i've posted a new book! end of the road is a collection of sokeefe oneshots, hope you'll check it out :)

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

"Uh - nothing, just..." Dex stammers, possibly trying to find a believable lie.

I jump in to save him. Dex is a very disastrous liar. "Dex was just saying that we checked the weather forecast, and it's going to rain soon. So he wanted to tell you to bring an umbrella if you were going to go out," I lie smoothly.

Sophie's eyes narrow, but being the sweet and innocent little demon of an angel she is, nothing else is said. She just shrugs her petite shoulders and looks at me sharply in the eye.

"I...I need to talk to you, Keefe."

My eyebrows raise. What could she possibly want to talk to me about? Unless...she knows? About my dad and her? But that's impossible. I push the theory out of my head. I'll deal with that later - and find a way to break it to Sophie.

Fitz very noticeably snickers after hearing what Sophie says, and immediately I realise he thinks we're going to - 

Okay, first off - uh, EW. Second - we're literally. Friends. (Although I may or not wish for things to be different. But still.)

Sophie looks at Fitz in confusion when she hears him snicker, then quickly avoids his gaze. 

"Fitz, I'm not - we're not -" she starts, but is swiftly cut off by Fitz.

"No, Sophie. I don't care anymore. You already said we're over. You can do whatever you freaking want with Keefe. I. Don't. Care."

Fitz storms off with a hard look at Sophie, fist balled tightly.

Dex and I are third-wheeling so hard. 

Sophie's eyebrows are furrowed, creating a dent in her forehead (god I just want to smooth it out so freaking much-). Then she lets loose a long sigh and shakes her head, turning her focus back on me.

I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly. "Uh, about Fitz, I'm -"

She puts up her hand to stop me. "It's fine. I just...I really need to talk to you. Now." Sophie's gaze shifts momentarily to Dex. "In private," she adds. Dex flushes a little and hurriedly rushes off, probably to find Biana. 

I move a little closer but stop, remembering our touchy conversation we had at my house. I feel my cheeks redden a little. I clear my throat and ask, "What's up?"

Sophie looks down and fidgets with the hem of her uniform, nervousness evident on her face. 

"What's wrong?" I ask more softly, beginning to grow worried. 

Sophie takes in a sucking breath and seems to gather her courage to look up at me. Her beautiful, warm brown eyes stare back at mine. 

"Why are your eyes green?" she blurts out.

Oh damn...

Now I have to explain everything.

Well, that's going to be fun.

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

A/N: next chapter's going to be spicy ;) 🌶🌶

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆