Chapter 1 - Meet the family pt1

"What is it this time?" Asked out loud y/n, sirens blasting inside the house, she met Sloane gaze while exiting her own room, same questioning look on her sisters's face but adrenaline already pumping in their veins due to the loud sound.

"This isn't your home." Accused Reginald looking a little loopy, he watched each one of the 6 people that had just appeared in his foyer, he was eagerly waiting for their arrival.

Number 8 and her siblings were now one behind the other power walking to the little balcony hovering over the foyer.

"What are you talking about? This is the Umbrella academy." Asked one of the strangers confused. Everyone was confused actually.

"Wrong again. This, is the Sparrow academy." And like a Superhero entrance, 6 people slid on the balcony forming a line of badass posses, all dressed in red and grey, mostly in pants but a few of them had a personalized uniform.

Marcus aka #1, super strength. The leader of the Sparrow academy. He was born to be a leader.

Fei aka #3, Crow manifestation. The smartest person in the room. Ironically she sees the world on a whole other prospective.

Christopher aka #7, cold and fear (that later leads to paralysis) inducement. The most trustworthy of the siblings. He shoots lasers.

Ben aka #2, summon eldritch tentacles. The scheming, tactical and vicious one. Spends his life trying to be number 1.

Jayme aka #6, hallucinogenic spit. The snarky quite one. She's not gonna tell you, she's gonna show you.

Alphonso aka #4, empathetic masochism that allows him to have enhanced resilience. The funny guy. Loves to berate his enemies with personal puns.

Sloane aka #5, gravity manipulation. The dreamer, smart girl. Has extended knowledge of astrophysics and will always respect herself first.

Y/n aka #8, invisibility. The joker card. She's probably the most independent of the lot, doesn't participate too missions, she's there as a plus one in case of someone's death.

Ben and Y/n had a little detour walking down the stairs to reach Reginald the fastest they could, one wanted to please the old man being ready for the imminent threat, the other one followed out of pure curiosity. They were all heading to the balcony, why did he have to act different?

Everyone was just looking at each other, a little surprised, a little confused, la little not believing what was happening.

Ben stepped forward, looking at the unwanted guests like they had blown up a bank. "Dad, who the hell are this assholes?" He asked out loud, Y/n had to stiff her small giggle, he sounded like a 8 year old annoyed by "daddy's new friends". But the reaction of the group in front off them really challenged her self-control.

"Shit." Gasped all together the six people standing in the middle of the foyer.

"Ben." Said smiling one of them. The tall and skinny guy on the right, with curled long hair, a nice hat and a cool ass outfit, all black. Ben looked at him like he wanted to kill him with his stare but also somewhat annoyed.

"Is that really you?" Asked another one, the biggest one of them all. That coat did not do the trick if he was trying to hide his not proportioned figure.

"And who are the weirdos on the balcony?!" Voiced another long haired guy, he was standing on the right, little behind the hat guy. Wow, he looked like Antonio Banderas not gonna lie, skin tight outfit with straps crossing his torso and knives stacked in them. 

Let's face it, shouting didn't really help the Sparrows to look at them on a better light.

"They, are the Sparrows. My children." Announced Reginald looking up at the balcony and then down at Ben and Y/n. A rumble filtered through the house, could have been a coincidence but it sure enhanced the stupor in the unwanted guests's faces. Energy started vibrating and slowly it moved out of the place and gathered undetected in a small ball of light in the basement.

"I'm sorry what do you mean your children? That's not possible old man." A tiny guy with the arrogance of a elder, walked towards Reginald, setting Y/n protectiveness. She stepped forward but Ben stopped her extending his arm in front of her. Y/n was aware of the bullshit type of father she had, but he still was her father and if he needed protection she would only be glad to help and vent all her anger through some punches. In seconds everyone reached them down in the foyer and lined up in front of the "enemies".

"Off course it is, I think I'd know, wouldn't I?" Asked Reginald with that hint of annoyance that always set the Sparrow kids on a mood, but this time, it was directed to the new group.

"Everybody else can see Ben, right?" Spoke the hat guy again, y/n was truly amused buy the ability of the man to switch on another subject.

"Cute hat, Sundance." Hissed Ben, refraining himself to ad insults, he wanted to hear his father speech first. Reginald sighed, words already aligned in his head, an explanation.

"They call themselves the Umbrella academy."