Chapter 12 - The Dyson sphere plan

Christopher opened himself in pieces, the Kugleblitz growing smaller and smaller the more Viktor, Lila and Sloane pressed slowly on it, Christopher parts closing around it until he finally assembled himself around the paradox. Everyone looked at him shaking, eyes full of hope. Thankfully hardly no one got badly injured by Grace fire stunt, Five had blinked away with her and now he blinked back beside all the others.

"Did it work?" He asked looking at everyone, no one answered him yet, too busy looking at the cube around the Kugelblitz.

"Next Kugelwave in three... two... one..." Sloane counted down, her hand searching for Luther's which he offered as soon as he felt her touch, everyone took a step back, the moon couple standing in front of Christopher still. After the last number Christopher wiggled again and then a fart came out of somewhere behind him. Y/n didn't even know he could do that.

"It's more of a Dyson Square now, am I right?" Joked Y/n, everyone looking at her like she had made the worst pun ever, a couple of them looked at her with a amused smile tho.

And it was a party from there, for once it seemed like the Sparrows and the Umbrellas could actually live into each other's proximity. One bottle after the other, Y/n got washed by champagne but she didn't care, she spent half of the time trying to get Viktor to join their celebration but he only offered her a bright thin smile. Then at one point he left.

After one hour the hair of party diluted and the group separated, savoring their victory finally relaxing. Y/n was alone on the second floor, or at least she thought. Her hand slightly touching the walls like she had been away for years and this was her first time seeing the accademy again. She heard muffled sound and automatically thought about their dad, as far as she knew Reginald was still in the house, closed in his room watching is usual TV series. She walked closer to his door, sounds becoming clearer and clearer. Nope, it did not sound like his father watching TV, she pushed the door a little, enough to hear better.

"Do you know why I wanted this last jump to work so badly?" Asked one voice, Y/n could recognize him quickly, the anxiousness that he made her feel while being almost caught twice and then actually getting caught the third still lingered on her.

"Because you're old and tired?" She knew it was Viktor's, his voice printed in her memory from the moment she had seen him looking lost at the dinner.

"Because I slaughtered a boardroom full of people to buy our way back here." Answered Five. Viktor cussed. The answer surprised both him and Y/n, the tiny guy's voice was low but somewhat soft, this was the first time she had ever heard him talking so stress free.

"Little advice from someone who's been there? Don't do the math. That equation does not exist. There's no 'Save five Harlans for every two Claires' formula." He continued leaning forward. Now Y/n had opened the door a little more enough for her to look at the two, she didn't want to seem intrusive really but at the same time she felt like she head to hear this to understand the Umbrellas better. Both families were scared by the past and by the pain that it brought.

"People like us, we will never save enough lives to make up for the once that we take."

"I don't accept that." Said Viktor, he was sitting on the couch, his hand holding one another, the mood between the two felt almost vulnerable, genuine.

"Then you'll drown. This is the price of being powerful. Sometimes we step on ants. The sooner you face that, the safer we'll all be." He said, it really sounded nice, it sounded true, like he had thought about it more then once before saying it too Viktor.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Viktor asked already knowing Fives answer.

"It means you are very dangerous, Viktor Hargreeves. The decisions you make impact the entire world. So no matter how benevolent they may seem, you don't get to make them alone." He explained like a father telling his son to treat the people around him with kindness. "You know what they call a superhero who works alone and doesn't listen to anybody? A villain."