Chapter 14 - We only see each other at weddings and funerals

"Let's get this over with before I die of cringe." Scoffed Ben receiving a soft jab on the arm by his sister.

"Way to ruin the moment, overly toxic brother-in-law." She said, He slung his arm around her back and started pulling her with him to go sit down, he was already over with it and he didn't need Y/n to bother him further, the Umbrellas looked at them confused but brushed it off.

In moments the ceremony started, the weirdest ceremony ever really, Y/n was just smiling through all of it because it felt comical, it felt sweet, it felt cozy and it felt like there wasn't a paradox the size of a small moon of Jupiter threatening to swallow them all up into nothingness.

"Viva la apocalypse!!" Screamed Klaus and the married couple was kissing dearly, squeals, claps, and yells, and whistles started roaring during the moment, Y/n turned around from her sit in the front row and for the first time caught everyone wearing a smile... everyone but her brother, it was no surprise.

They moved to the dinning hall, a big space taking half of the room was provided in order to have a dance floor.

"First dance to the newly weds." Offered Y/n, Sloane and Luther smiling brightly at her. They walked in the middle of it and sweetly started swaying following the music, she was never so thankful for Reginald's stubbornness about teaching them how to dance. Colored smoke was blown in the mix and most of the gusts looked so happy to see how much the two loved each other.

"This is officially worse than the apocalypse." Said Five, ok so not everyone appreciated the overly sweet and cliché situation, but hey, you can't have everything in life.

"Are you allergic to happiness by any chance." She asked a few feet behind her he turned around, he already had a glass of champagne in his hand.

"More to failure." He said, his gaze finding the stock of alcohol sitting on a table. "Ah, there we are." He said walking past her to reach the dear bottles calling out to him.

"Last day on the planet Earth and he wants to drink himself until passing out." She scoffed not believing the guy, she stayed there looking at Diego and Lila joining the dance floor, and Klaus going solo dancing with himself. He eventually spotted her and offered him a hand and how could she refuse? She was the best dancer of the Sparrow academy, sadly she never had the occasion to show of her moves.

From the buffet table someone was looking at the two dancing. Five had a plate full of little snacks and a bottle in the other, it looked like he was planning the right way to get drunk so he'd not hate to be alive the next day. He walked away from the buffet, eyes still on Klaus and Y/n, he thought about Dolores and how he would love to dance with her, then he thought about how Y/n was dancing so nicely, her dress swinging at every turn or change of pace, maybe dancing with her wouldn't be too bad.

"What the hell..." He cursed at himself setting the plate and the bottle on the table he had redeemed as his now. Dolores would have been so jealous at hearing his thoughts, gosh. He set down trying to clear his head out, he downed another glass of champagne hoping that would help him concentrate on his own shit, but that did not do the trick.

He still looked at the two swaying and smiling, he was sure he had heard her snort again, this time for a pun that Klaus had done. Five was aware of his brother likes and dislikes, but that didn't stop him from feeling a little something at seeing him taking that sound out of her, he wished he was the only one that could make her snort in her cute and baby like way. Wait did he really wish that now? Why in the hell did he wish that? He looked at his empty glass again and poured himself another shot that he downed as soon as he had titled the bottle. It was going to be a long night.

———

"The lamb is nice, I wouldn't trust taking the fish." Suggested Y/n from beside Viktor, the two turned out to be picky eaters and had been talking about which food looked the safest to it for a good 15 minutes. "So how is it going with Allison?" She asked clamps in hand trying to fish out a slice of bread from the wooden bowl on the table.

"She hates me, all of me, like even the past me." He said his eyes still concentrated on the food displayed at the buffet. "I really want to make peace with her, but at the same time... you know." He said accepting the clamps that Y/n had offered him. She nodded looking around the hall, spotting Allison and Ben sitting at the same table, the both of them looking like they'd rather swim in a pool of battery acid then be there to celebrate their siblings.

"She seems like a tough cookie really. A tasteless cookie." She said averting her eyes from the table and looking back at Viktor that was looking at her already.

"She does, but she's my sister, I know she isn't like that." He said giving her an excuse in behalf of his sister. Finally the two were done with picking the food. Y/n scoffed after understanding what he had just done.

"She isn't like that but she wished that she would have left you in that basement. Like, I don't know the meaning behind it, but with the small knowledge I have, it didn't seam like she wished the best for you, rather the contrary." She said the two starting to walk in the hall finding their sits. Y/n knew that she was supposed to share a table with Klaus, but the dude never really settled down somewhere, he was still walking around trying to convince someone to go and talk to Dad and all his 'saving the world plan'.

"Sit with us." Offered Viktor not wanting to leave her alone at a wedding party, Y/n agreed to the offer and followed him, the two reached the table were Five was sitting, Klaus was there too, finally he was sitting somewhere.

"Klaus. Old dogs like me and him never change. He has never had our best interests at heart. So, my only plan for tonight is to get fucked up beyond all recognition." Informed Five dropping a shot glass on a bigger glass.

"Sure. Have at it." Said Klaus not satisfied by his brother's stubbornness

"I shall!" Confirmed Five taking a hold of the drink he had made for himself, Klaus turned around scanning his surroundings looking for his next victim.

"Nah-ah beautiful, you were supposed to have dinner with me." Y/n distracted him for a second, Klaus rose up and took her free hand caressing it.

"My dear, I am really sorry but I'm trying to save the world." He said with a dramatic voice followed by a dramatic pose, Y/n chuckled in disbelief.

"You are the only one wishing to do that." She said sliding her hand out of his loose grip and then she took the sit beside Five while Viktor set on the other side of the tiny guy. Klaus went to do his own things, bothering everyone with dad's idea, so much that Lila even threatened him and dared him to even try to get a step closer to Diego.

"Why are you here?" Asked Five after putting the now empty glass back on the table. "Weren't you supposed to be at a table with Klaus?"

"Does it look like he wants to do so?" She asked looking at the amount of alcohol sitting on top of the table. "Gosh, Five. You weren't kidding when you said that you wanted to get fucked up." She said looking at a bottle of Baileys that was sitting in front of her, one of the at least 5 liquors Five had managed to retrieve.

"I never lie." He said drinking up something else. Y/n and Viktor looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders letting him be.

The elevator dinged and Reginald walked out of it, everyone looking at him not pleased at all, the old man walked slowly for the buffet and than set on a empty table, not that the place was full.

The four tables started mumbling, some tables louder then other.

"Just cut it down, are you 58 years old or 3?" Complained Y/n after Five kinda of squeezed the juice of a fruit on her arm by accident. He was eating this fruit skewer with chunks of different fruits impaled in it and for some reason he thought it was a good idea to just munch up a whole piece. Viktor left the two at the table wanting to talk with Allison, he wanted to make things better between the two of them so they could die with no regrets.

"You are really starting to piss me off again." Was Five's reply, his gaze swimming already on the little alcohol he had been drinking. She had plenty to argue back with but it was not the time. Reginald had stood up, microphone in hand, sad speech and even sadder poem.

"Didn't think the old man had it in him." Mumbled Five genuine. The fun music started again and soon everyone was on the dance floor crazy dancing. Y/n got excited and dragged Five with her, the old-young-man mumbling about how he didn't have the strength to get up, but the woman didn't listen to him, she stood up and while walking towards the other she caught Viktor standing on the side. She smiled and moved her hand to try and lure him in, she was successful.